witesoxfan

Automobile Thread

5 minutes ago, Chisoxfn said:

Hence my point - crazy what some places charge for something you can literally get for free at Costco (or as you all point out - that benefits are minimal at best and can just top off).  

Trust me, big Costco fan here and I've used their tire services a lot 😃  Wish they did more car services as well, would trust them over many other places.  

Leased a 2020 CRV in January.  Got a pretty decent deal.  Once the lease is up I may be underwater but it's a really good car so we will most likely keep it and pay dearly for a couple of years but for cash flow purposes a three year lease worked best as the stimulus money paid the initial fee.

First new/nice car we have had in 20 years.  On the highway the thing drives itself. 

3 hours ago, Iwritecode said:

You guys realize that nitrogen-filled tires is a complete scam right? It does absolutely nothing useful for you.

The air you are breathing right now has about 78% nitrogen in it already. Just fill up with regular free air from a gas station or buy a small compressor for like $30.

I didnt want nitrous tires. Every car in the lot already had them. Throughout the entire process I kept saying that Id prefer regular tires.

Ironically the sales manager now needs my assistance for some legal stuff. I joked with him that Id only help if he told me how much they really made on my sale. 

24 minutes ago, Harry Chappas said:

Leased a 2020 CRV in January.  Got a pretty decent deal.  Once the lease is up I may be underwater but it's a really good car so we will most likely keep it and pay dearly for a couple of years but for cash flow purposes a three year lease worked best as the stimulus money paid the initial fee.

First new/nice car we have had in 20 years.  On the highway the thing drives itself. 

Nice congrats!  I like the CRV quite a bit, it's really gotten better through the years.

39 minutes ago, Soxbadger said:

I didnt want nitrous tires. Every car in the lot already had them. Throughout the entire process I kept saying that Id prefer regular tires.

Ironically the sales manager now needs my assistance for some legal stuff. I joked with him that Id only help if he told me how much they really made on my sale. 

Honestly, they probably just put those stupid green valve caps on them and just tell everyone they put nitrogen in them. Who's really going to check? :lol:

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Iwritecode said:

Honestly, they probably just put those stupid green valve caps on them and just tell everyone they put nitrogen in them. Who's really going to check? :lol:

I told him Im going to get some balloons and put that nitrous to use...

• Haha 1

Nitrogen in mine as well. Not specifically listed anywhere in the price so it might have been built into the dealer prep. They tried getting me for the $2,500 fabric and paint protection package. It didn’t take long to have it at about $250. 

Back to nitrogen, one of the green dust caps fell off after a couple days, instead of just grabbing some plain ones of course I bought cooler ones with a N2 logo. So I’m a sucker.

The only advantage I can see, we’ll possibly two are they will hold pressure longer. Folks who do not regularly check tire pressure will be riding on properly inflated tires longer and in theory save money on fuel and their tires may last marginally longer and be safer. Folks who use a tire gauge monthly won’t see a benefit.

The second benefit I may receive is more consistent pressure when summer towing especially at elevation. Again, I would not pay extra for nitrogen but if I do oil changes at my dealer they will add nitrogen at no cost. 

I've used my Pro Trailer Assist a couple times now and I'm sold. I've been backing in trailers for 40 years so I know how,  but this system makes life so much easier. That and the 360° camera package is pretty sweet. 

Basically instead of the large steering wheel grab a small knob and start backing up. Once you are lined up let go of the knob and just use the brake and accelerator.