Steve9347

STAR WARS Everything

6 hours ago, Kyyle23 said:

Remarkably dumb to throw away those paychecks just so you can be a bigot online

And she knew this was building against here and kept on going.

5 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

And she knew this was building against here and kept on going.

She literally was going to star in her own offshoot show.  Just the dumbest fucking thing, so she could be bigoted.  Yay, go ahead and do that.  Enjoy  

41 minutes ago, Kyyle23 said:

She literally was going to star in her own offshoot show.  Just the dumbest fucking thing, so she could be bigoted.  Yay, go ahead and do that.  Enjoy  

Good thing Disney hedged their bets by not announcing her as the star following the previous incidents.

She is a horrible actor as well.

I’m making this somewhat political so I apologize but I just can’t stand this argument I’m seeing by one side of “Why does Disney get to be the moral arbiter or what is right and what is wrong?” 

Because they write the checks and she takes their money. You represent the company and they have every right to say “We don’t agree with these views and have decided to part ways in our relationship.”

It just bothers me to no end this idea of having zero consequences for our actions. It’s fantasy land to believe otherwise 

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Tony said:

I’m making this somewhat political so I apologize but I just can’t stand this argument I’m seeing by one side of “Why does Disney get to be the moral arbiter or what is right and what is wrong?” 

Because they write the checks and she takes their money. You represent the company and they have every right to say “We don’t agree with these views and have decided to part ways in our relationship.”

It just bothers me to no end this idea of having zero consequences for our actions. It’s fantasy land to believe otherwise 

I do think cancel culture goes too far at times, but Holocaust comparisons are crossing the line in just about everybody's book.

13 minutes ago, WhiteSoxFan1993 said:

I do think cancel culture goes too far at times, but Holocaust comparisons are crossing the line in just about everybody's book.

Far too often cancel culture is confused with consequences for actions.   Carano has lived a very privileged life and this is the first time anyone has ever fired her for being an asshole online, but she has been an asshole online for a while 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Kyyle23 said:

Far too often cancel culture is confused with consequences for actions.   Carano has lived a very privileged life and this is the first time anyone has ever fired her for being an asshole online, but she has been an asshole online for a while 

Yeah, this isn't cancel culture. This is more like standard HR.

31 minutes ago, WhiteSoxFan1993 said:

The whole idea behind "cancel culture" is dumb.  The same people who are screaming this in response to things like being a racist and committing treason against the nation are the same ones who cancelled Colin Kaepernik and the Dixie Chicks.  They had noooooo problem costing people their incomes then, so what changed?

The party of "personal responsibility" and "fuck your feelings" is the party losing their minds here.  Maybe they should take a hardy helping of their own advice?

And please no one on Soxtalk give me the "Freedom of Speech" line or i really will lose it.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

6 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

The whole idea behind "cancel culture" is dumb.  The same people who are screaming this in response to things like being a racist and committing treason against the nation are the same ones who cancelled Colin Kaepernik and the Dixie Chicks.  They had noooooo problem costing people their incomes then, so what changed?

The party of "personal responsibility" and "fuck your feelings" is the party losing their minds here.  Maybe they should take a hardy helping of their own advice?

And please no one on Soxtalk give me the "Freedom of Speech" line or i really will lose it.

And in the most predictable way possible, #CancelDisneyPlus was trending last night in response to their decision. 

Because logically, if you are so against cancel culture, the only appropriate action to take is to cancel something else 

• Like 2

17 hours ago, Tony said:

And in the most predictable way possible, #CancelDisneyPlus was trending last night in response to their decision. 

Because logically, if you are so against cancel culture, the only appropriate action to take is to cancel something else 

For reference, I literally bought Disney+ for the first time this week. 

The bad batch is pretty good, opening scene is Order 66, pretty dark for a Disney show