Jump to content

CentralChamps21

Members
  • Posts

    5,258
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    10

Everything posted by CentralChamps21

  1. Year / Win Total / September Win % / Result 1983 / 99 / .786 / Lost ALCS 1993 / 94 / .607 / Lost ALCS 2000 / 95 / .571 / Lost ALDS 2005 / 99 / .586 / Won WS 2008 / 89 / .444 / Lost ALDS The clearest comparison to this season is the 2008 team, with a sub-.500 September and < 90 wins, but we've also seen teams win 99 games and have hot Septembers go nowhere in the playoffs. I will say one big difference between 2008 and 2021 is not having to play a tiebreaker game and burn a top starter right before the playoffs. Despite Keuchel's struggles and Rodon's health status, I'm more concerned about hitting than pitching, due to the bullpen depth. Over the last 30 days, TA has been so-so, Cesar, Eloy and Vaughn have been awful. At least two of those guys have to turn it around.
  2. 9/22: Magic number = 2 Today is, in theory, the second day the Sox have a chance to clinch, but the odds of even one of the Sox-Detroit and Cleveland-KC games is almost zero, let alone both. Houston is now within 2.5 games of Tampa for the #1 seed. In the Wild Card race Boston is in the first spot 1.5 games ahead of Toronto in the second spot. New York is 0.5 back, with Oakland and Seattle both 3 back. Over in the National League, the Giants are in front of the Dodgers by 1, with both having clinched at least a WC spot. St. Louis holds the 2nd WC spot, with Cincinnati 4 back, Philly 4.5 back, and San Diego 5 back. Philly 3 behind Atlanta in the East.
  3. The game can't officially get cancelled until after the Sox clinch, so no. I think they ultimately make it up next Friday as a straight DH, with Detroit getting to be the "home" team for one of the games.
  4. Fry pitching a second inning was never going to work out well. With today's game 99.9% likely to be cancelled, I don't know why someone else didn't get that inning.
  5. There's not going to be a game today. I'm thinking they might just play a straight DH next Friday and have Detroit be the home team for one of the games.
  6. That's fine. 9 fewer innings that have to be pitched.
  7. First game back he was 1-4 with a 2B and played flawless RF. If that's 50% Engel then I can't wait to see 100% Engel.
  8. This was my 3rd straight gamethread loss. I may need to bench myself for the rest of the season.
  9. More concerned right now that he can handle RF full speed. His timing at the plate will improve with time.
  10. That's on the plus channel. I don't have Hulu but I'd imagine you have both the regular and plus channel.
  11. That's not generally how companies work. If nobody owns more than 50%, then the person who has the support of at least 51% of the shares is in charge. You could own 49% of a company with the other 51% split among 10 people, but if those 10 people all fucking hate you, you aren't in charge of anything.
  12. That's some sort of fanstasy sports site. Didn't see anything about this.
  13. I've heard no such thing. Where did you read this? Please provide a link.
  14. Today's AL playoff chase games: KC @ CLE 5:10 TEX @ NYY 6:05 NYM @ BOS 6:10 TOR @ TB 6:10 HOU @ LAA 8:38 SEA @ OAK 8:40
  15. Rockies are 45-27 at home. They could mess things up for one or both, though I guess technically if they mess things up for both they really aren't messing things up.
  16. With Engel due back today, I thought we might see the potential Game 1 playoff lineup today with Engel in RF and Sheets at DH, but with today's game getting moved up, we probably get Collins at C and Grandal at 1B.
  17. I think Fry or Burr go first. Probably Fry. Romy is actually useful and I think he hangs on until Vaughn is back.
  18. Potential Clinch Day! Keuchel vs Alexander In case you weren't already aware, this game got moved up from 5:40 to 12:10 due to rain on the way (the rain that we're getting right now) If the Sox win, I wonder if NBCSC will be on the air live from the team hotel at/near the end of the KC/CLE game (5:10 start)? Would be fun to see Jason/Steve live on the air at the clinching moment.
  19. 9/21: Magic number = 2 Today is the first day that the Sox have a chance to clinch, IF both games actually get played today. Sox now 4 back of Houston, who is 3.5 back of Tampa. In the Wild Card race Boston is in the first spot 1.5 games ahead of Toronto in the second spot. New York is 0.5 back, with Oakland both 2 back and Seattle 3 back. Over in the National League, the Giants are in front of the Dodgers by 1, with both having clinched at least a WC spot. St. Louis holds the 2nd WC spot, with Cincinnati 3 back, San Diego 3.5 back, Philly 4 back. Philly 3 behind Atlanta in the East.
  20. Yes, if your fastball doesn't get above 93, all these questions are going to be about how you feel.
  21. I want to see how each of them does in their last two starts, but right now I'd say Lopez.
×
×
  • Create New...