2016 Fantasy Football Thread

SnB

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Dec 11, 2016 -> 10:55 AM)
Fleener and Stafford. Big Ben always scares me on the road.

I didn't realize Julio is likely not gonna play. Picked up Taylor Gabriel. I might start him instead even if Julio does play.

That's what I decided even before I read this. Still blaming you if it goes bad.

• Replies 596
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (SoxAce @ Dec 11, 2016 -> 08:57 PM)
Team is getting killed with injuries. Gronk, Green and now Forte and Rodgers. My team is literally limping to the playoffs.

My starting RB's this past Sunday were Matt Asiata and Zach Zenner. And I still somehow managed a win and advanced to the 2nd round...

QUOTE (ChiliIrishHammock24 @ Dec 14, 2016 -> 01:05 AM)
Without Gordon this week, I am projected to lose by 23 (111 to 88). I am crossing my fingers I can pick up Bilal Powell (14 projected) to fill in for Gordon, but I also have Farrow in as a 2nd waiver claim in case I lose Powell to someone.

Ended up getting both guys. My projected is now 94 to his 111.

My only toss ups this week are Brady or Cam (going Brady, despite projected to score only 11 vs 16), and Crowell (10.1) or Farrow (9.7). I'm going Crowell simply because Farrow is a rookie, so if he has a bad 1st quarter, they could start giving his carries away. I'll wait to use him until next week possibly when I am either playing for 1st, or 3rd.

QUOTE (raBBit @ Dec 14, 2016 -> 09:00 PM)
I am in the championship and while I have Le'veon Bell as my RB1, my RB2 is ugly after drafting Melvin Gordon and CJ Anderson.

I chose between Ty Montgomery (Bears), Duke Johnson (Bills) and Mike Gillislee (Cleveland). It's a full PPR. I'd imagine Montgomery is the easy play there?

Montgomery is probably the best play there, but man if its another nasty weather day in Buffalo they are probably going to be run heavy and Gillislee gets the goal line work. I think with Bell as your #1 you will probably be good with either choices for RB2 (Obviously not Duke Johnson)

QUOTE (ChiliIrishHammock24 @ Dec 15, 2016 -> 03:05 AM)
Ended up getting both guys. My projected is now 94 to his 111.

My only toss ups this week are Brady or Cam (going Brady, despite projected to score only 11 vs 16), and Crowell (10.1) or Farrow (9.7). I'm going Crowell simply because Farrow is a rookie, so if he has a bad 1st quarter, they could start giving his carries away. I'll wait to use him until next week possibly when I am either playing for 1st, or 3rd.

I think you have to play Farrow over Crowell. Hes going to get volume, and his competition is Ronnie Hillman who sucks. They also are playing in good weather conditions where as Crowell is on the road in a nasty environment.

I think when you have close decisions to make, you should lean towards the guy in the better offense playing in better conditions, but that's just me.

QUOTE (raBBit @ Dec 14, 2016 -> 08:00 PM)
I am in the championship and while I have Le'veon Bell as my RB1, my RB2 is ugly after drafting Melvin Gordon and CJ Anderson.

I chose between Ty Montgomery (Bears), Duke Johnson (Bills) and Mike Gillislee (Cleveland). It's a full PPR. I'd imagine Montgomery is the easy play there?

I agree with TRU, go with Montgomery.

I'm in a similar situation, with Bell as my RB1 and hot garbage as my RB2. My options:

Devantae Booker vs NE (no way), Rashad Jennings vs DET, Jerick McKinnon vs Indy, or I can pick up Dwayne Washington vs NYG (but would only play him if Riddick is out).

In the playoffs off to a meh start so far (Britt didn't do much and I was playing against Wilson and Baldwin)

Ty Montgomery or Kenneth Dixon for RB2 guys? PPR league. I also picked up AP who looks like he's going to play Sunday.

Edited by SoxAce

QUOTE (raBBit @ Dec 17, 2016 -> 01:51 PM)
I picked up AP and put him on IR in my PPR after I lost CJ Anderson and Gio Bernard just in case he was back for the Championship week and he is.

I now have to choose between Ty Montgomery and AP for my RB2.

I'm in the same boat. I'm thinking of playing both actually. I have Hill and Diggs as my 2/3 WRs. Thinking of benching Diggs for Montgomery since he's listed as a WR/RB and putting AP as my #2 RB.

QUOTE (TRU @ Dec 15, 2016 -> 07:35 AM)
I think you have to play Farrow over Crowell. Hes going to get volume, and his competition is Ronnie Hillman who sucks. They also are playing in good weather conditions where as Crowell is on the road in a nasty environment.

I think when you have close decisions to make, you should lean towards the guy in the better offense playing in better conditions, but that's just me.

The only thing that worries me about Farrow is that if he starts slow, I worry they may give Hillman or others a chance. Whereas Crowell will keep getting fed the ball. I had no idea what the weather reports were though, hadn't even considered it.

Good thing for me is that Powell is doing great, and last minute tonight I decided to start Landry (horrible Jets D, didn't want to play both Brady AND Mitchell against a good D just in case Brady gets shut down). Landry has me 17 points so far and has finally given me a good game since I (stupidly) traded for him.

Still alive in 3 of my 4 leagues, of course the one I'm eliminated in is my biggest money league and one I care most about(still made money in it though). Officially in 2 championships and am up 20 with Dustin Hopkins left and my opponent has Cam and G-Reg(4 point per qb today league) in my other so toss up city there.

Edited by Rowand44