Illinois High School Football Thread

QUOTE (Y2JImmy0 @ Oct 19, 2016 -> 02:17 PM)
Steve Soucie's projections are right here: https://edgytim.forums.rivals.com/threads/f...ons-here.11438/

Rice should visit you in week two with the winner hosting Loyola. early 2000's Rice Lockport seemed to happen for a few years straight

Palatine and Barrington meet up in quarters

Marist gets Oswego again, still don't think oswego is any good same as last year. Then HF has to travel to Marist in quarters.

Mount Carmel gets a tough draw but getting ESL in 2nd round at home could help.

Did you see the thread about the "freeloaders" at taht site? I find that funny becasue we are all freeloaders here.

QUOTE (Harry Chappas @ Oct 19, 2016 -> 03:20 PM)
Rice should visit you in week two with the winner hosting Loyola. early 2000's Rice Lockport seemed to happen for a few years straight

Palatine and Barrington meet up in quarters

Marist gets Oswego again, still don't think oswego is any good same as last year. Then HF has to travel to Marist in quarters.

Mount Carmel gets a tough draw but getting ESL in 2nd round at home could help.

Did you see the thread about the "freeloaders" at taht site? I find that funny becasue we are all freeloaders here.

Oh trust me, we know. I was on the 2003 title team at Lockport. We beat BR in the semis that year. I did see that about the freeloaders. I can figure out 8A on my own, the only thing difficult is the 5-4 teams. Seems like if everything holds, Maine South is the smallest school in the 8A field.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Oct 19, 2016 -> 04:58 PM)
I can't believe we drop to 9 just because of one loss, albeit it could be a true blowout. Rice has a few good wins like Marist and MC to its credit.

It sucks in some cases but it's really the only way to do it. It happened to HF last year. HF and Loyola were clearly #1 and #2 in 8A last year. A week 9 loss to Bolingbrook pushed HF to like an 8 seed and they met Loyola in the quarters instead of the finals.

It's 48-37 Loyola with two minutes left. They're just too good on offense. Rice did have a chance to stay in front but a fast receiver caught a pass, up three, and after getting to about the Loyola 20 didn't protect and they got the ball. Loyola scored and hasn't looked back. Gonna have to do it the hard way in the playoffs.

Rice lost by 11, 48-37 I believe it was. I don't know how anybody's gonna slow the Loyola machine in the playoffs. Rice is gonna have to win two games (is it two or just one we need to win for rematch?) then give it another shot vs Loyola in the quarters. It seems to me the only way to beat 'em is to match em score by score, then SOMEHOW get a turnover or pick six or something and grab a lead of nine or more points. You got to somehow lead them by more than eight the entire second half cause they are gonna beat you in a game of "whoever has the ball last will win."

The fact Loyola ran the ball so well tonight could either help or hurt Loyola in the rematch. They might just stomp us in the rematch or, we might get fortunate and force a fumble or two in the cold weather and get the two TD lead I'm talking about. I would think the upcoming cold weather isn't gonna be good for Rice and Loyola's passing game, but seems to me Loyola has the ability to run the ball against great competition and Rice is a bit shaky in that regard even with a stud like Valladay.

I like everything about Rice cept the defense is 'probably' not state title caliber and offense is a tad worse than Loyola's. Whether Rice is better than everybody else in 8A ... I have no idea.

To the experts are Loyola and Br. Rice clearly 1-2 in the state?? And nobody else is close?

QUOTE (greg775 @ Oct 21, 2016 -> 10:49 PM)
Rice lost by 11, 48-37 I believe it was. I don't know how anybody's gonna slow the Loyola machine in the playoffs. Rice is gonna have to win two games (is it two or just one we need to win for rematch?) then give it another shot vs Loyola in the quarters. It seems to me the only way to beat 'em is to match em score by score, then SOMEHOW get a turnover or pick six or something and grab a lead of nine or more points. You got to somehow lead them by more than eight the entire second half cause they are gonna beat you in a game of "whoever has the ball last will win."

The fact Loyola ran the ball so well tonight could either help or hurt Loyola in the rematch. They might just stomp us in the rematch or, we might get fortunate and force a fumble or two in the cold weather and get the two TD lead I'm talking about. I would think the upcoming cold weather isn't gonna be good for Rice and Loyola's passing game, but seems to me Loyola has the ability to run the ball against great competition and Rice is a bit shaky in that regard even with a stud like Valladay.

I like everything about Rice cept the defense is 'probably' not state title caliber and offense is a tad worse than Loyola's. Whether Rice is better than everybody else in 8A ... I have no idea.

To the experts are Loyola and Br. Rice clearly 1-2 in the state?? And nobody else is close?

Homewood Flossmoor, Hinsdale Central, and Palatine are all pretty damn good. Bradley Bourbonnais good too. Looks like Maine South at Brother Rice in round 1 unless Glenbard West is 8A.

QUOTE (Y2JImmy0 @ Oct 22, 2016 -> 12:59 AM)
Homewood Flossmoor, Hinsdale Central, and Palatine are all pretty damn good. Bradley Bourbonnais good too. Looks like Maine South at Brother Rice in round 1 unless Glenbard West is 8A.

I thought that was where Maine south would be. Rice coaching continues to fail. At half take a knee and go in up 2 scores.

Mount Carmel out of state. ESL was winning anyway but I thought MC would go deep in 7A

QUOTE (Harry Chappas @ Oct 22, 2016 -> 01:13 AM)
I thought that was where Maine south would be. Rice coaching continues to fail. At half take a knee and go in up 2 scores.

Mount Carmel out of state. ESL was winning anyway but I thought MC would go deep in 7A

I reworked it. Brother Rice gets Fremd with Glenbard West in 8A

So looking over the finals from tonight, I expect 8A to look like this. Lets see how close I come tomorrow.

#32 Notre Dame at #1 Loyola

#17 Curie at #16 Naperville North

#25 Fremd at #8 Brother Rice

#24 Huntley at #9 Stevenson

#29 Evanston at #4 Palatine

#20 Glenbard West at #13 Edwardsville

#28 Joliet West at #5 Oswego

#21 New Trier at #12 Marist

#31 O'Fallon at #2 Hinsdale Central

#18 Lincoln Way East at #15 Oswego East

#26 Maine South at #7 West Aurora

#23 Leyden at #10 Neuqua Valley

#30 Waubonsie Valley at #3 Homewood Flossmoor

#19 Lyons at #14 Taft

#27 Lockport at #6 St. Charles East

#22 OPRF at #11 Barrington

QUOTE (Y2JImmy0 @ Oct 22, 2016 -> 01:37 AM)
So looking over the finals from tonight, I expect 8A to look like this. Lets see how close I come tomorrow.

#32 Notre Dame at #1 Loyola

#17 Curie at #16 Naperville North

#29 Evanston at #4 Palatine

#20 Glenbard West at #13 Edwardsville

#21 New Trier at #12 Marist

#31 O'Fallon at #2 Hinsdale Central

#18 Lincoln Way East at #15 Oswego East

#23 Leyden at #10 Neuqua Valley

#30 Waubonsie Valley at #3 Homewood Flossmoor

#19 Lyons at #14 Taft

#22 OPRF at #11 Barrington

So this looks to be wrong in multiple spots.

#32 O'Fallon at #1 Loyola

#17 Curie at #16 Oswego East

#29 Evanston at #4 Homewood Flossmoor

#20 Glenbard West at #13 Neuqua Valley

#21 OPRF at #12 Edwardsville

#31 Waubonsie Valley at #2 Hinsdale Central

#18 Lincoln Way East at #15 Taft

#23 Leyden at #10 Barrington

#30 Notre Dame at #3 Palatine

#19 Lyons at #14 Naperville North

#22 New Trier at #11 Marist

Edited by Y2JImmy0

QUOTE (greg775 @ Oct 22, 2016 -> 07:10 PM)
Why would they make Rice and Loyola play in the quarters? How many early potential rematch games are there? I mean that's bad. Loyola and Rice should not have to play til the state finals IMO.

THey didn't make anyone play anyone else. It goes. By record and points. The 9-0 teams go in order by points (Opponents Wins) and then the 8-1 teams, and 7-2, and so on. Just the way it is. HF and Loyola should have been the championship game last year and they met in the quarters.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Sep 17, 2016 -> 06:47 AM)
The Bears did this several years ago. Of course they were called for holding, but other than that, it worked to perfection.

Yeah - I always remember that play. It was an awful call and the NFL admitted fault the following day.