Esteban Loaiza

Soxplosion

Do you still see Loaiza as a great ace or a Benedict Arnold of baseball?  

32 members have voted

1. 1. Do you still see Loaiza as a great ace or a Benedict Arnold of baseball?

• Ace
    • Benedict Arnold (great general but a traitor in the end)

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So we can pick and choose what we decide is good for a player....hmm...what about Franks 113 K's? 11 GIDPs? 4, count 'em, 4 Sac flies?? Thats ridiculous. What Frank did in the past 13 years has approximately ZERO bearing on what he did to help this team THIS year. THIS years stats are what decided the 2003 pennant race.....you know, Loz's 19 Wins...his 2.92 ERA...his 192 K's in 213 IP. He got it done all year for this non-clutch hitting team, plain and simple, whether you like the guy or not.

Guest hotsoxchick1

roman... my two cents worth... loz has had a great year and did a ton of great pitching for us...how could a guy who has 19 wins and came from nowhere as a non roster invitee and accomplished this in a season what he has,would be considered anything but a hard working guy...... considering he was sick in minny and his last start wasnt exactly all that great (sickness, his family issues, maybe hes just damn tired?) who knows, but im sure its safe to say that a guy who we didnt expect much from in the first place and has delivered this much to us is still considered our ace.......at least in my book he is....... ;)

So we can pick and choose what we decide is good for a player....hmm...what about Franks 113 K's? 11 GIDPs? 4, count 'em, 4 Sac flies?? Thats ridiculous. What Frank did in the past 13 years has approximately ZERO bearing on what he did to help this team THIS year. THIS years stats are what decided the 2003 pennant race.....you know, Loz's 19 Wins...his 2.92 ERA...his 192 K's in 213 IP. He got it done all year for this non-clutch hitting team, plain and simple, whether you like the guy or not.

11 GIDPs? Thats one every 15 games. Not bad for someone with so little speed. If ya want GIDPs, look at Konerko and Maggs. Theyre the ones you want. But how can you jump on someone with 41 homeruns and 102 RBIs? Not to mention, this could be considered an offyear for him, which just goes to show how great he is...

Roman, are you Franks PR supervisor or something? HRs are not the only telling sign for a players success. Look at Bret Boone....he hits lots of HRs...does that mean he is one of the leagues best players, or leader of the Mariners? NO. Frank didn't get it done when we needed him to. Granted, he wasn't alone, but still he was one of the ones that didn't

There are a lot more players with 40 HR than there are pitchers with 19 wins...... and even more with 100 or more RBI than 19 wins.....

But why argue with Roman..... he doesn't have a clue and there is no reasoning......

And for the last time........ Loaiza didn't have 3 bad outings in a row! His last outing he gave up three earned runs in six innings, easily good enough to get a win with some support. In his first of the three, he gave up five earned runs in seven innings, but only allowed seven hits and one walk while striking out nine.

So in reality, one start was bad, one was decent and the other was a quality start. In the bad one, the guy was sick.

Give me a break, this thread is stupid as hell, yet not one that surprises me considering the source.

In this thread I saw the words stupid, idiotic, moronic, ludicrus.  You people using those words should be ashamed of your selves.  Roman doesn't deserve to be referred to in those terms.

It gives him WAY too much credit.

Now now guys, do I need to defend Roman again.................. :huh:

In this thread I saw the words stupid, idiotic, moronic, ludicrus.  You people using those words should be ashamed of your selves.  Roman doesn't deserve to be referred to in those terms.

What's the point?

You dont need to defend me bmr. Look at this Loaiza f***. He sucked his entire career and finally does something right. Hes does well long enough to keep us in the race and when they finally put the pressure on and he explodes. With me bashing Buehrle, you guys atleast have the fact that he pitched well for us two years before. With Loaiza, you dont have any of that. He pitched well for 147 games. Unfortunately, we needed 162. And that said, half of you guys rip on Thomas. Thomas has done great for 13 years, this one included, yet he is so disrespected. Im just curious how everyone kisses Loaizas (a one year flukes) ass while hating on Thomas (a legend and future HOFer). Im gonna laugh when Loaiza goes 8-12 with a 5.50 ERA next year.

And where are the other five guys who voted for Benedict Arnold?

You dont need to defend me bmr. Look at this Loaiza f***. He sucked his entire career and finally does something right. Hes does well long enough to keep us in the race and when they finally put the pressure on and he explodes. With me bashing Buehrle, you guys atleast have the fact that he pitched well for us two years before. With Loaiza, you dont have any of that. He pitched well for 147 games. Unfortunately, we needed 162. And that said, half of you guys rip on Thomas. Thomas has done great for 13 years, this one included, yet he is so disrespected. Im just curious how everyone kisses Loaizas (a one year flukes) ass while hating on Thomas (a legend and future HOFer). Im gonna laugh when Loaiza goes 8-12 with a 5.50 ERA next year.

Your 4 other alter-ego's???

Your 4 other alter-ego's???

no mr1drfl voted for ace. that way he can't be wrong.

I think the idea of this thread is idiotic....

Exactly. I don't know why this was posted. Perhaps just out of frustration. I think with any luck Esteban could have had 22 wins aleady. You play a whole season (162 games) not 2 weeks at the end. Loaiza doesn't deserve this and I'll go farther than that and say that no White Sox player deserves to be called a traitor. I have to believe they wanted to win, but for whatever reason just couldn't produce when it mattered at the end. As much as I hate the Twinkies the bottom line is they wanted to win also and were able to keep our guys flat. The fire just didn't burn high enough to scorch the opposition.

Without Loz, we would be playing .500 ball.

One thing that i didnt like it was people in here criticizing Maggs. OK, he choked agst the Twins, but look at his July, in that month he carried us. His numbers are great and he never said anything like: I will just try to hit HRs.

You cant point fingers in one or two players. IMO it was a team failure in that series agst the Twins.

One thing that i didnt like it was people in here criticizing Maggs. OK, he choked agst the Twins, but look at his July, in that month he carried us. His numbers are great and he never said anything like: I will just try to hit HRs.

You cant point fingers in one or two players. IMO it was a team failure in that series agst the Twins.

I haven't really seen that many people criticize Maggs. He hasn't had the impact this year that he usually has and a lot of people have brought that up. I have said on a few occasions that the Sox might need to get rid of Magglio but that is because of the economics of the game. I haven't seen anyone say Maggs sucks or I want Maggs off the team next year.

I haven't really seen that many people criticize Maggs. He hasn't had the impact this year that he usually has and a lot of people have brought that up. I have said on a few occasions that the Sox might need to get rid of Magglio but that is because of the economics of the game. I haven't seen anyone say Maggs sucks or I want Maggs off the team next year.

I´m not saying that it was you.

IMO we need him on this team next year.

I know, I was just trying to explain many people's reasoning for wanting Magglio off this team. He is obviously a great player but I don't think he is a $14 million dollar player. If JR is willing to go out and spend money than definately brings Maggs back. If JR is going to cut payroll than I think you have to trade Magglio.

Without Loaiza, we wouldnt be here. And that would be a lot easier than being here and then blowing it. Loaiza carried us enough to get us into the race and then he let us down. Thats what I hate...

I know, I was just trying to explain many people's reasoning for wanting Magglio off this team. He is obviously a great player but I don't think he is a $14 million dollar player. If JR is willing to go out and spend money than definately brings Maggs back. If JR is going to cut payroll than I think you have to trade Magglio.

You can also add Ordonez to that list of guys who failed when it counted most. When your two "superstars" come up empty in the biggest series of the season its hard to put the blame on a guy who carried us in the first half of the season.

Maggs has the best BA in the team, he is always trying to get a hit and not HRs, always put the ball in play, has the most 2B...you cant put Maggs in the same category as Frank in thinking personal stats. He was the man that said this: " We stink". And what Frank says??? I will now, for the rest of the season, will just think about HRs, BA and OBP dont matter to me. OK, he has 41 HRs but 100 pop ups. What about that sick GIDP that Carlos had agst the Twins in the last series? We were down 2, men on first and 3rd and he .... HRs....DP.

A total team failure.

Maggs has the best BA in the team, he is always trying to get a hit and not HRs, always put the ball in play, has the most 2B...you cant put Maggs in the same category as Frank in thinking personal stats. He was the man that said this: " We stink". And what Frank says??? I will now, for the rest of the season, will just think about HRs, BA and OBP dont matter to me. OK, he has 41 HRs but 100 pop ups.

What does Maggs having the best BA on the team have to do with his coming up empty against the twins?