Day Baseball Across America 15 September 2016 at 1:10 PM CDT

elrockinMT

Anyone else a little surprised to see Sanchez at 3B lately?

Before when he and Saladino would play, it was Saladino at 3B and Sanchez at 2B. Trying to see if Sanchez can handle the whole infield incase they make a deal in the off-season (Lawrie or Frazier)?

Edited by soxfan2014

QUOTE (soxfan2014 @ Sep 15, 2016 -> 12:52 PM)
Anyone else a little surprised to see Sanchez at 3B lately?

Before when he and Saladino would play, it was Saladino at 3B and Sanchez at 2B. Trying to see if Sanchez can handle the whole infield incase they make a deal in the off-season (Lawrie or Frazier)?

I'm sure if Saladino would have been playing primarily 3B, Sanchez would be at 2B. Add the probability that Lawrie is out the balance of the season and Saladino is now the regular 2B, it's no wonder that is why they are doing it this way.

As much as I doubt everything being revealed about Shields would have made the White Sox walk away (he is making his 30th start today) , they might as well pursue this either for a total out, or some sort of compensation.

I never knew this database existed. It's pretty cool as long as teams are being straight.

Edited by Dick Allen

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Sep 15, 2016 -> 02:35 PM)
As much as I doubt everything being revealed about Shields would have made the White Sox walk away (he is making his 30th start today) , they might as well pursue this either for a total out, or some sort of compensation.

I never knew this database existed. It's pretty cool as long as teams are being straight.

I guess it makes sense. Then teams can look at everything quickly and make decisions. I assume there is a database for players on waivers and such.

QUOTE (fathom @ Sep 15, 2016 -> 07:23 PM)
Want to see Anderson get back to hitting line drives and driving the ball. Seems like an insane number of ground outs for him of late, as he has only two extra base hits in last 16 games. Thankfully he's BABIP his way into a good average this month.

Just watching him either pulling off those outside two strike pitches levitate getting fooled is troubling. Rally killer. Hopefully experience helps him

QUOTE (lasttriptotulsa @ Sep 15, 2016 -> 03:10 PM)
This is the James Shields we need next year. If we get him the rotation is going to be stellar. Probably top 5 in baseball.

The team would be tons better if he could give us even #5 starter type of stuff, let alone a #3/#4 starter.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Sep 15, 2016 -> 09:16 PM)
The team would be tons better if he could give us even #5 starter type of stuff, let alone a #3/#4 starter.

I figure Shields will be back next year. Question then becomes do we bring up Fulmer or keep Gonzalez or both?