Baseball in America on a Wednesday night Sept 21st

elrockinMT

QUOTE (fathom @ Sep 21, 2016 -> 06:34 PM)
please just limit his pitches. Insane they have him throwing so many pitches in pointless games.

Is his velocity down? Getting hit around early. I also have repeatedly said in these game threads he's getting way overused in these pointless games. The time to let him go 115+ pitches was in April/May/June when there was still a chance.

Edited by soxforlife05

QUOTE (fathom @ Sep 21, 2016 -> 11:34 PM)
please just limit his pitches. Insane they have him throwing so many pitches in pointless games.

When he was going real good folks griped when he came out after 100 or so pitches. Pitch count means nothing. Sale wants to stay in the game and has said as much. I am not buying pitch counts or meaningless games. They all have the Winter to recoup

Edited by elrockinMT

QUOTE (elrockinMT @ Sep 21, 2016 -> 07:10 PM)
Done awhile ago. I think Boston has the cy young man

If Porcello had a bad start where his ERA went up, Britton blew a big game, and Sale ended up with an ERA under 3, he was alive for the award going into this game. Not now though.

QUOTE (ChiliIrishHammock24 @ Sep 21, 2016 -> 07:21 PM)
Eaton didn't even both sliding to stop the run from scoring/runner getting to 3rd. I see choking away the Cy Young is a collective effort tonight.

I still can't believe you think he has a chance at this point.