Grades for this year...

BurlyMan56

Coaches/GM

KW: B+...gave us a solid team to win..

JM: D-...tinkered the line-up can't handle a pitching staff/bullpen..

Coop: B...solid job,would of liked to see him help Wright, and Koch

Walker/Baines: C+... decent job didn't really see a difference between him and Ward..

Other Coaches: B+...Nossek is good, as well as Kusnyer.

Pitching is next..

Rotation

Loaiza: A-...career year,came out of no where, tailed off in september..

Colon: B+... solid year, expected a little more, saved our bullpen..

Buehrle: B... average year, battled back, no run support early in year...

Garland: B-...showed strides, consistent, gave a chance to win this year..

5th Starter: D-... Dan took a big step backwards, and never really had a good outing.. Him in our bullpen next year could be a key.

Bullpen

Gordon: A-...great boost to our bullpen,solid all year, nasty stuff, K/IP is amazing.

Marte: A+...his role is definetly in the bullpen, best lefty reliever in the game. K/IP is great also, getting better every year..

Sullivan: B..solid job while he was here, had a couple of rough outings..

Show: B-...decent long relief guy, he'll be allright next year..

Wunsch: A-... solid again this year, would like to see walks go down..

Koch: D-... big dissapointment, hopefully he can find his velocity during the off season..Did'nt give him an F because he didn't open his mouth, and had 11 saves.

Others that were in Bullpen (Adkins,others)...White was horrible, and Adkins is Incomplete.

Hitting

R.Alomar: B+..gave us a spark in the 2nd half, played small ball, got on base,

hopefully he's here next year..

Lee: A..consistent all year round,leads the team in rbi's and stolen bases..best suited for 2 hole..

Thomas: B+..homers were nice, rbi's were there, batting average is low for the 3 hole,very inconsistent..too one dimensional now.

Maggs: B+.. batting average is always there, homers and rbi's were down from last year, not a typical were used to from him..

Everett: B+.. gave us a spark in the 2nd half; average,homers,rbi's, and a couple sb's were all there. would like him back but likely won't happen.

Konerko: D+...struggled throughout the year..Had a couple hot streaks..not the all-star last year...tradeable

Valentin: C...give us the same consistent production: low BA, pop in the bat, too many K's..unexpected defense was nice..

Crede: B-..probably expected a little more than I should have (after what I seen last year), had some pop, great 3rd base...good 1st full year..

Olivo: C-... eliminated the running game, calls a good game..

Alomar Jr: B-...made contact, great mentor, calls a great game/handling pitching staff. Great coach some day..

Rowand: B...never had a chance after he found his swing, great DR...

Graffanino: B+... great utility guy, love to have him back next year...

Daubach: D+...pinch-hitting was suited for him, hopefully he'll be good next year on a different team..

Harris: D+...was up basically for pinch running duties..couldn't hit, made a smooth transition to center field.

Feel free to agree or disagree with any changes or comments...

I'm can't give Magglio an A this year.  The numbers are there but the impact was not.  Besides that 2 week stretch right after the all star game he really never made a huge impact on the team.  It seemed like he hit a lot of home runs in blowouts and really didn't have that many big RBIs.

Yeah, for him, this year is a B. I think his biggest hit all year, was his 2 run double in Toronto in the ninth to prolong our winning streak. That was a really big hit. But I don't remember any other BIG ones....

I moved him down to a B+..I'll give him the + because of his solid defense in right field. I tend to agree with both of your points...I would to trade him to replenish the farm system and sign a guy like Vlad like someone said earlier...It'd be a great idea if it happened..

kw == B. He tried, but let's not forget that he did deal away Foulke for Koch, a trade that lifted Oakland and put us in a hole.

Manuel == D. Too slow to dump Koch for Marte and Gordon. Too laid-back to get this team

Loaiza == A-. except for last two weeks, he carried this team.

everybody else gets incomplete, but nobody played a complete season.

Staff

Manager - JM - F

GM - KW - B / Would be higher if I knew he was the one calling the shots.

Owner - JR - B- / it's only this high because I think he has something up his sleve.

Hitting Coach - C-

Pitching Coach - B

3rd Base Coach - D

Starters

1. Buhrle - C / Came on strong in second half. First half i think he was playing for the Cardinals

2. Colon - C+ / Struggled at times not as consistent as in years past. Showed heart in late season to move grade higher

3. Garland - B+ / Started to show some real consistancy/reliabilty- He WILL be a stud

4. Loiza - A / Could have been higher- folded late - what a great suprise.

5. Stewart - C+ /Gave us a chance when he was out there.

6. Wright - D- / Proved time and again he is destined for pullpen duty

7. Porzio - C / Same as Wright

8. Cotts - C / With the right care/manager he might have succeeded up here.

Relievers

Koch - F - What a Joke - I hated this trade from the start. Now, It just makes me sick to my stomach that i'm going to have to see this guy next year.

Gordon - A- / Showed what he's made of- He can play on my team anyday.

Marte - A / He should close next year.

White - F/ Nuff said

Wunch - A- / I called him Cy Wunch for the first 2 months - didn't quite get his form back after drip to the DL

Shoenwiess - B-/ Did what we excpected - I think this is a trade for next year. I never understood why he wasn't starting in Anaheim

Sullivan. - C / Good with RISP/ Inherited runners, crap otherwise

Wright - A / What a gutsy job he's done for us out of the pen. He could end up being the closer of our prolonged future.

Porzio/Adkins/Whoever else - D / Not much to say we didn't see you much, and there was a reason for that.

Line-up

DH - Thomas - C /Power numbers are good. need more line drive hits.

1B - Konerko - D /First half killed us. Showed class with the way he handled it. He should be back to form next year

2B - Jiminez - C+ /He won alot of games for us the first month of the season. Obviosly there was some issues there

SS - Jose - C- /Improved Defense, Too many stikeout/ useless homeruns.

3B - Crede - C+/Good defensively, erratic at the plate. Dissapointing offensive numbers compared to last season.

LF - Carlos - A /Best defense i have seen in LF @ comiskey in a long time. Produced at the plate, stole key bases, all around MVP on a sorry team.

CF - Rowand/Harris - C-/ Niether hit, though A-row was starting to when the trade happened/ Rowand should get one more shot.

RF- Maggs - B- / It's hard to be upset when a guy is challenging for a batting title. But i've come to expect more from maggs. Production in the clutch was lacking all year.

C - Olivo - C- / Good defensively - needs to learn how to recognize a curball. Speaking of, why on earth did he play vs. boston with Wakefield on the mound. FIRE MANUEL

Jurassic - B- / Didn't disrupt the clubhouse like i thought he was. Showed fire and heart. I don't think he is a fit here however.

R. Alomar - C+/ Did slightly better than while in NY. He's no longer the allstar he once was.

S. Alomar - C/ Had some clutch hits, overall I don't think he got along with JM. Didn't play enough I think.

Graffanino - B+ /Does everything right for this team. I love our line-up vs. lefties with him in there.

Harris - INC. - This boy just wasted on the bench this year. the only thing he did prove was he can't hit.

Add it all up and you get a big fat F. there is an overall lack of heart and fight on this team. They don't scrap for runs. Someone needs to light a fire under them and that aint JM.

Edited by The Cheat

3B - Crede - C+/Good defensively, erratic at the plate. Dissapointing offensive numbers compared to last season.

Eh, I think Crede gave us all we had a right to expect from him. He was more than solid at third and his offensive numbers are very solid, especially if you consider that this was his first full season in the bigs. To expect the same sort of production as he gave us the end of last season isn't realistic, IMHO. I'd give him a B.