The player who made those comments

HighHeat45

Guest hotsoxchick1
There was a thread the other day about those comments an "unnamed player" made saying that the sox have no heart and alot of people thought Everett said them.

hmmmmm..........i wonder why everett has been benched the last two days? It had to have been him.

hmm could be... lol like i said the easy way to tell is think who got on base.... there werent that many...... ;)

There was a thread the other day about those comments an "unnamed player" made saying that the sox have no heart and alot of people thought Everett said them.

hmmmmm..........i wonder why everett has been benched the last two days? It had to have been him.

:fyou Jerry. Sit the guy on the team that actually WANTS to win.

God can we get this asshole out of town please?

CWSOX45

Guest hotsoxchick1
Honestly, I don't care who made the comments.  I'm not going to hold it against that particular player.  Whoever said it was just stating the truth.

and aint it a shame too.....geez us... speak the truth and get punished... go figure..... :rolleyes:

Your leaders need two main qualities. They must be good players and winning must be high on their priority list. This is the case with Everett and not the case with the Sox's two main "leaders" Konerko and Valentin. Konerko hit like .195 the first half and Valentin has been about .230 all season. Konerko has never seen a microphone he didn't like and Valentin only cares about home runs.

For JM to punish a guy like Everett is truly sickening. Wherever Everett ends up I wish him well. Perhaps he'll stick it to Manuel, assuming that donkey is still in the White Sox dugout. I know I'll be rooting for him.

Whether Everett said is or not he has become one of my favorite players in his short time with the club.  This is one guy I definately want back next year.

Oh yeah, I could have cared less about Carl before he became a member of the Sox. Now, he's probably my second favorite player, behind Dam. I love to see and hear about how hard he plays. We need more guys like him, although he is about as good as gone.

Konerko learned from the great Frank Thomas.  Blame everything on anything or anyone besides yourself.

Well, I don't know about that. IIRC, he accepted responsibility for his crappy start. That's honorable, but I would've rather had some more RBIs from him instead. Speaking of RBIs, didn't he have like 16 at the AS break? He truly had one of the worst halves of baseball that I've ever had the misfortune of witnessing. Yuck!

Well, I don't know about that. IIRC, he accepted responsibility for hit crappy start. That's honorable, but I would've rather had some more RBIs from him instead. Speaking of RBIs, didn't he have like 16 at the AS break? He truly had one of the worst halves of baseball that I've ever had the misfortune of witnessing. Yuck!

Close, he had 22 RBIs. But Manuel kept trotting him out there even though everyone knew he wouldn't produce.

Close, he had 22 RBIs.  But Manuel kept trotting him out there even though everyone knew he wouldn't produce.

But he finally did produce........ if he didn't keep playing him, then he never would have stepped it up. He's been big for the Sox in the 2nd half.....

Also, is it not possible that the reason Carl hasn't played the last two days is that the Sox know he will not be back next year so they are giving PT to Rowand, who they may need to be the CF next year?? Could it possibly not have anything to do with something he may or may not have said??

Also, is it not possible that the reason Carl hasn't played the last two days is that the Sox know he will not be back next year so they are giving PT to Rowand, who they may need to be the CF next year??  Could it possibly not have anything to do with something he may or may not have said??

You are not the only one who has thought this.....though for all I know, Everett probably was the one who said it.

You are not the only one who has thought this.....though for all I know, Everett probably was the one who said it.

Rex's reasoning makes sense to me, as I was thinking it as I read this thread, also. I'd venture to guess it was Everett who said it. It takes someone who has heart to recognize that it is missing.

But he finally did produce........  if he didn't keep playing him, then he never would have stepped it up.  He's  been big for the Sox in the 2nd half.....

I'm don't think this is true (Konerko played his way out of his funk). Konerko has always been a streak hitter. I've noticed in the past that he has a very difficult time breaking out of a bad run. Some guys are lackidasical and need to buckle down and focus to break out of a slump. Konerko is not one of them. When things go bad for him he presses harder and harder. I can easily imagine him tossing and turning in bed at night going over and over each at bat.

This year he finally came out of it after an extended stretch riding the bench. This may be the most valuable information to come out of this disappointing season. In the future, when Konerko goes into one of his inevitable multi-week slumps, sit his ass down for a week or so. This may force him to chill out and back off from his over-intensity and will spare us an automatic out in the middle of the line up. Who knows, if Jerry had given him a week off in May perhaps Konerko would have come out of it a whole lot sooner.