2016 Presidential Election Thread

Quin

Most of you are from Illinois so I kind of expected this type of response but damn. Everything will be fine, country will be fine. I highly doubt anything earth shattering is going to happen in the next 4 years. Trump is going to say he is going to do whatever he wants but just because he said it doesn't mean it is going to happen. No matter what he or any other President does there will a minority of the population that it affects greatly. There is no way around that.

Edited by BigHurt3515

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Some items in Trumps 100 day plan are very unconservative like, such as the tax credit and matching for daycare funds. I'm really interested to see who actually gets cabinet positions and how his stance changes now that he is president. If it doesn't change, then we got big problems, if it does change, then I do agree there are things that the government needs to do and act on and that should happen under this admin. The key to me is that you don't just repeal to repeal, you repeal with a real plan in mind that will put us in a better spot.

There is a lot on Trumps 1st 100 day list that I can actually agree with, others that I don't agree with, and others that while they sound good, probably aren't actually realistic.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Nov 10, 2016 -> 10:57 AM)
Some items in Trumps 100 day plan are very unconservative like, such as the tax credit and matching for daycare funds. I'm really interested to see who actually gets cabinet positions and how his stance changes now that he is president. If it doesn't change, then we got big problems, if it does change, then I do agree there are things that the government needs to do and act on and that should happen under this admin. The key to me is that you don't just repeal to repeal, you repeal with a real plan in mind that will put us in a better spot.

There is a lot on Trumps 1st 100 day list that I can actually agree with, others that I don't agree with, and others that while they sound good, probably aren't actually realistic.

This! I don't have the knowledge but I would be interested to see how many of the things on other President's 100 day lists actually happened.

QUOTE (JenksIsMyHero @ Nov 10, 2016 -> 11:21 AM)
You act like there was some sudden shift. It's the same country. DEMOCRATS lost the election. A new wave of White Power Americans didn't win it.

No, you're right. That wave of white power has always been there - Trump just took the lid off the bottle.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Nov 10, 2016 -> 01:13 PM)
No, I meant if that was my kid. Should have been more specific

Ahh...yes, that makes sense.

Reading up on it, looks like these two might have just been stupid and not any sort of racists. They were wearing some sort of skin cream face mask and the confederate flag behind them is defaced(they tore it down the middle supposedly).

QUOTE (BigHurt3515 @ Nov 10, 2016 -> 11:49 AM)
Most of you are from Illinois so I kind of expected this type of response but damn. Everything will be fine, country will be fine. I highly doubt anything earth shattering is going to happen in the next 4 years. Trump is going to say he is going to do whatever he wants but just because he said it doesn't mean it is going to happen. No matter what he or any other President does there will a minority of the population that it affects greatly. There is no way around that.

Are you white?

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Nov 10, 2016 -> 01:48 PM)
Ahh...yes, that makes sense.

Reading up on it, looks like these two might have just been stupid and not any sort of racists. They were wearing some sort of skin cream face mask and the confederate flag behind them is defaced(they tore it down the middle supposedly).

Just a couple of dudes, wearing a face mask in front of a defaced confederate flag after Trump wins presidency.

Wrong place wrong time.

QUOTE (JenksIsMyHero @ Nov 10, 2016 -> 01:56 PM)
He got 2 million less votes than Romney and 1 million less than McCain so....no, I don't think he did.

Not so much total voter count as the behavior and vitriol of the trump camp. I don't know about you, but when Romney was running my Jewish friends never got told that they will be put in the ovens when Trump wins (obviously on Twitter).

QUOTE (shysocks @ Nov 10, 2016 -> 01:55 PM)
Posting the same link seven times definitely increases its impact.

Im posting it in threads where people are talking about all the evil things white people are doing because Trump won. None of the tolerant left seems upset when someone gets dragged out of their car and jumped by 2-3 guys because they voted for Trump. Where are the videos of minorities getting chased around and beaten because Trump became president? Where is the outrage that George Soros and mulitple democratic super pacs were hiring the mentally ill to not only attack people, but to make it appear they were Bernie supporters? Listening to people say stuff like "Well I have a gay friend and Im worried that Trump might do this or that" while the actual democratic party was hiring people to attack American citizens is astonishing.

Look on social media, there are assassination threats, threats of riots, threats of attacking Trump supporters and we have a bunch of democrats worried that Trump "may" do something because they listen way too much to CNN.

QUOTE (DrunkBomber @ Nov 10, 2016 -> 02:03 PM)
Im posting it in threads where people are talking about all the evil things white people are doing because Trump won. None of the tolerant left seems upset when someone gets dragged out of their car and jumped by 2-3 guys because they voted for Trump. Where are the videos of minorities getting chased around and beaten because Trump became president? Where is the outrage that George Soros and mulitple democratic super pacs were hiring the mentally ill to not only attack people, but to make it appear they were Bernie supporters? Listening to people say stuff like "Well I have a gay friend and Im worried that Trump might do this or that" while the actual democratic party was hiring people to attack American citizens is astonishing.

Look on social media, there are assassination threats, threats of riots, threats of attacking Trump supporters and we have a bunch of democrats worried that Trump "may" do something because they listen way too much to CNN.

The fauxrage is real. What you stated in the last sentence has been occurring for the last 8 years. You had Trump rallies where people were saying Clinton should be "executed."

But the best part about this post is the idea that we should be more worried about what internet trolls say than what the next President of the US says.

"Dont worry guys, you cant trust that Trump will do what he says. The real worry is all of those loud mouth internet trolls, because they have historically been reliable at following through with their troll threats."

Dont confuse the issues. I have pretty much 0 empathy for people who are now "protesting/rioting" whatever, the time to do that was any point in the last year prior to Tuesday's election. That being said, the amount of damage that internet trolls/idiots on the street can do, is pretty much 0. Remember, if these people actually could effectuate their policies or beliefs, Trump would have lost.

QUOTE (CrimsonWeltall @ Nov 10, 2016 -> 02:09 PM)
What are you referring to? Even the edited, context-free James O'Keefe videos didn't show people being hired to attack people.

I am still shocked at how many sheep fall for these lies. The election was just won on a ton of lies, including this one. Someone who's been a sensible poster around here since I've been around fell for it. Unreal.

QUOTE (CrimsonWeltall @ Nov 10, 2016 -> 02:09 PM)
What are you referring to? Even the edited, context-free James O'Keefe videos didn't show people being hired to attack people.

Are you nitpicking the word attack or denying this happened? They paid people to go to the rallies and cause "disruptions" which led to violence and people getting hurt. They admitted the DNC not only knew about but they had a say in it.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Nov 10, 2016 -> 02:14 PM)
I am still shocked at how many sheep fall for these lies. The election was just won on a ton of lies, including this one. Someone who's been a sensible poster around here since I've been around fell for it. Unreal.

Ya thats why Bob Creamer was forced to step down from the super pac and distance himself from the campaign, because of the sheep lol.

QUOTE (DrunkBomber @ Nov 10, 2016 -> 08:15 PM)
Are you nitpicking the word attack or denying this happened? They paid people to go to the rallies and cause "disruptions" which led to violence and people getting hurt. They admitted the DNC not only knew about but they had a say in it.

They had people go to rallies with shirts and signs that would irritate Trump supporters, hoping they'd react poorly. That's not even in the same ballpark as being paid to attack people. Your framing is amazingly dishonest.

QUOTE (DrunkBomber @ Nov 10, 2016 -> 08:17 PM)
Ya thats why Bob Creamer was forced to step down from the super pac and distance himself from the campaign, because of the sheep lol.

I guess we didn't learn anything from James O'Keefe's previous videos, which also resulted in people losing jobs and then it being revealed as a bunch of misleading nonsense.