The curse of DJ

HighHeat45

Never really paid attention to that, but I am sick of both of em talking about their careers. They were either average or below average in baseball. Especially DJ and his days in Japan...

I like that. I always enjoy listening to guys talk about their playing days.

Hawk was like Jose, he can hit the long ball, but his average was s***.

I just turned on the game to see aaron rowand spinning around in center trying to read the home run off soriano. Did anyone catch DJs call before the homerun, probably something like, "Soriano...............hit his ML leading 13th leadoff homerun first inn-(Soriano hits another homerun)

Never really paid attention to that, but I am sick of both of em talking about their careers. They were either average or below average in baseball. Especially DJ and his days in Japan...

since they can't discuss your career or my career, and the play of the Sox leaves a lot of time to fill, its ok they talk about their careers :lol: :lol: :lol: dead space on radio is no good --

at least I can remember the both playing, Hawk was a good hitter for his era (BAs were much, much lower then than now) and DJ was ok for us.

Those poor guys have to find something interesting to say for the last week of the season - that is one tough job! :lol:

at least I can remember the both playing, Hawk was a good hitter for his era (BAs were much, much lower then than now) and DJ was ok for us.

I was just going to mention the fact that batting averages were way lower then than they are now. How many people do you suppose that are my age on here knew that the one year in the AL during the 60s only ONE player hit over .300?

Hawk had a pretty good career. Probably a Reggie Sanders or Danny Tartabull type player...an all around solid-player.

since they can't discuss your career or my career, and the play of the Sox leaves a lot of time to fill, its ok they talk about their careers  :lol:  :lol:  :lol: dead space on radio is no good --

Those poor guys have to find something interesting to say for the last week of the season - that is one tough job!  :lol:

I agree. The only complaint i have is when they start talking about arm angles and detailed breakdowns of players swings. I understand what theyre saying, I just dont care. I want them to call the game and make it interesting. THat stuff is boring. WHen they tell me that Frank is pulling his hips or head or shoulder or whatever, i lose hope that hes going to get a hit........ :huh:

I just don't like how DJ is developing his style just like Hawk's. He uses almost that entire list of Hawkisms on a daily basis now and it just doesn't work with DJ. Hawk has got that Country Grammar Drawl going while DJ just always sounds a little feisty. I think he should try to sound more natural up there instead of becoming the next Hawk Harrelson.

I was just going to mention the fact that batting averages were way lower then than they are now. How many people do you suppose that are my age on here knew that the one year in the AL during the 60s only ONE player hit over .300?

Hawk had a pretty good career. Probably a Reggie Sanders or Danny Tartabull type player...an all around solid-player.

IIRC, that was Boston's Carl Yaztremski in 1967 with a .301 average. Yaz won the AL triple crown that year. He's the last player in either league to do so.