sox need to relocate.....

mike12345

I am just as mad as everyone here that the sox blew it but i am still optimistic about next season and hope we keep this team together because they still had a good second half of the season....What makes me even more uspet is watching these "loyal" fans say maggs,thomas, and konerko need to go..i guess a .323 hitter isnt good enough for you all...As far as I am concerned the sox should relocate to a place where they will get more respect....

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I am just as mad as everyone here that the sox blew it but i am still optimistic about next season and hope we keep this team together because they still had a good second half of the season....What makes me even more uspet is watching these "loyal" fans say maggs,thomas, and konerko need to go..i guess a .323 hitter isnt good enough for you all...As far as I am concerned the sox should relocate to a place where they will get more respect....

Maybe you should relocate to another message board.

You people on here always kick this team when they are down and then when they do good praise them...I have seen this with Konerko,Lee,Colon and Buerhle this entire year...

The reason a lot of people want some of those guys gone if purely economics. This isn't a fantasy world where you can just resign and keep all your guys around forever. Konerko and Ordonez are both overpaid and thats why you read posts about people wanting them gone. People don't want Ordonez gone but they realize that at $14 million dollars for next year he will handicap the team.

You people on here always kick this team when they are down and then when they do good praise them...I have seen this with Konerko,Lee,Colon and Buerhle this entire year...

I have never nor will I ever kick Buehrle.

Sorry we don't kiss ass to underachievers.

And also, sorry for being happy when they won a few games...

:fyou

The reason a lot of people want some of those guys gone if purely economics.  This isn't a fantasy world where you can just resign and keep all your guys around forever.  Konerko and Ordonez are both overpaid and thats why you read posts about people wanting them gone.  People don't want Ordonez gone but they realize that at $14 million dollars for next year he will handicap the team.

DING!!! YOu got it...Hell no, I don't wanna see Maggs gone, but from an economical standpoint, we may have no choice. PK, at 8 mill for a slow footed semi power hitter, thats too much.

Maggs is a good Player not a great one. Maggs is not Worth 14 Mil. I'm sorry but he's not. Maggs is not an impact player like a Pujols or a Bonds. We all know he's gonna be traded.

Konerko can leave for all I care and I respect thomas' number and acomplishments for the SOx but it'sa time to move on

just look at the poll we have going now about loaiza...he turns his career around and could possibly win the cy young and we are calling him a traitor..

Because he choked 3 straight games.

I apprecaite his efforts, but you can't do that in a heat of a pennant race and expect to not be ripped.

just look at the poll we have going now about loaiza...he turns his career around and could possibly win the cy young and we are calling him a traitor..

Actually that was Roman. I argued that point with him for a very long time and just now decided to call it quits. I saw very few people who were overly critical of Loaiza.

Mike, there is a lot of negativity here and I have pointed it out many times...

The idea behind Maggs needed to go is strictly money. Maggs is set to make $14 million next year. If the Sox payroll is $70 mil (which is likely as high as it will be), that will mean Maggs is making 20% of the total payroll. It has been proven how difficult it is to put together a winning team with one player making that large of a percentage of your payroll.

The other changes, possibly Thomas, Konerko, etc. may or may not happen, but it wouldn't be a bad thing to change the makeup of this lineup. To go away a RH dominated lineup without much speed.

Sometimes you have to make changes and even get rid of good players to improve.

so what makes you think another team besides the yankees or the red sox will take on his salary.....I guranntee that if we trade konerko he will have a badass year and we will regret and then i will have to listen to you clowns talk about how the sox management is horrible...this complaining is a never ending cycle that needs to stop...i'm not asking anyone to kiss ass..i am just saying take a side and stay on that side no matter what...

so what makes you think another team besides the yankees or the red sox will take on his salary.....I guranntee that if we trade konerko he will have a badass year and we will regret and then i will have to listen to you clowns talk about how the sox management is horrible...this complaining is a never ending cycle that needs to stop...i'm not asking anyone to kiss ass..i am just saying take a side and stay on that side no matter what...

Badass year??? LOL! I don't give a s*** he can have his year somewhere else. Konerko can't run or field, hell he can't catch a cold at first. Good riddance to his Double play hitting ass

If we trade Konerko and he has a great year so be it. He has never produced well enough to earn a $8 million dollar a year contract and he is one dimensional. He has absolutely no speed and he is nothing special in the field. Look at what Boston got with David Ortiz. They signed him to a 1 year contract for $1.25 mil and he is having a better year than Konerko ever has.

one thing you will have to understand about Sox fans, mike, is that they aren't happy unless they are b****ing about something. LOL

The Sox could be ahead by a run in the bottom of the 9th of the World Series and someone would be b****ing about a run they failed to score that would have given them a two run lead. After the Sox won, they would say that it was luck, and if they had gotten the bunt down in the 2nd inning, it would have been easier. Always underachieving, you know?

:lol:

Because he choked 3 straight games.

I apprecaite his efforts, but you can't do that in a heat of a pennant race and expect to not be ripped.

Loaiza did not choke 3 straight games..... plain and simple.

If you say so, he LOST 3 straight games, 2 of which we needed badly.

Last time I checked, Buehrle beat the Twins when he faced them the last time and then won at Boston, then I believe he won again last Friday night.

Say what you want and I do realize that Loaiza kept us in the race when others (Buehrle) were struggling, but it's been totally different lately.

And also, next season when the clock strikes midnight and Loaiza wakes up from this pipe dream, you'll be glad we have a solid pitcher like Buehrle who will deliver 15+ wins year in and year out.