Red Sox acquire Chris Sale, White Sox get Moncada+

Southwest Sider

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ Dec 6, 2016 -> 11:53 AM)
I have a strange feeling that the Red Sox make the deal.

No inside sources or anything, just feel like Red Sox are more willing to get a deal done.

You know DD was gonna be lurking deep into the game. He's arguably done more "win now" trades than any other exec currently in the game.

QUOTE (South Sider @ Dec 6, 2016 -> 11:51 AM)
Jon Heyman ‏@JonHeyman 52s52 seconds ago

Chisox asked for benintendi, as everyone has (bos wants to keep). Chisox likes Jackie bradley Jr. Very much, and others

Ugh. Although I suppose Sox could turn around and trade JBJ and Q to Nats for an absolute haul.

QUOTE (ChiSox59 @ Dec 6, 2016 -> 11:55 AM)
Ugh. Although I suppose Sox could turn around and trade JBJ and Q to Nats for an absolute haul.

True. I hadn't thought of it this way. But if the Sox "love" JBJ why would they go and flip him?

QUOTE (South Sider @ Dec 6, 2016 -> 12:51 PM)

Chisox asked for benintendi, as everyone has (bos wants to keep). Chisox likes Jackie bradley Jr. Very much, and others

Yeah, I doubt that Boston will trade Benintendi after the way that he played down the stretch.

I'd be happy with Bradley, Moncada, Kopech, Devers, and a lesser minor-league outfielder for Sale and Melky. That would address CF and 3B through 2020.

QUOTE (ChicagoHeel @ Dec 6, 2016 -> 11:56 AM)
Bob Nightengale ‏@BNightengale 3m3 minutes ago

The #Redsox and #Nats now in a dual battle for #WhiteSox ace Chris Sale with #Braves as dark horse

This is the moment we have all been waiting for. Who decides to put the top name into the pile?

QUOTE (South Sider @ Dec 6, 2016 -> 11:51 AM)

This reads to me like the Red Sox are leaking this and saying, no AB you get JBJ. For posturing

QUOTE (Black_Jack29 @ Dec 6, 2016 -> 11:57 AM)
Yeah, I doubt that Boston will trade Benintendi after the way that he played down the stretch.

I'd be happy with Bradley, Moncada, Kopech, Devers, and a lesser minor-league outfielder for Sale and Melky. That would address CF and 3B through 2020.

That is a pretty solid framework.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Dec 6, 2016 -> 11:57 AM)
This is the moment we have all been waiting for. Who decides to put the top name into the pile?

Dombrowski will put in Benintendi or Moncada, IMO. No way Nats part with Turner unless it was part of a bigger deal.