Interview with Nick Hostetler, Scouting Director

NorthSideSox72

Killer stuff, Brian.

Best part:

Hostetler: One of the things about rebuilds like this is the players will dictate to you when they’re ready rather than us having to push them along a little quicker than need be. It’s hard for the fans, and hard for even me to hear, but patience is the key with this whole rebuild and it’s hard to be patient. But with Zack’s situation, maybe if we were going for it and making a push to win to be a contender in ’17 we may have seen Burdi in the majors quicker than we expected and maybe even quicker than he was ready.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Dec 12, 2016 -> 08:18 PM)
Let's not forget Hickman from University of Iowa/Chicago Public...he has a lot of potential/ability too, if he can get past the injuries.

At one point, he was looked at as a 2nd-3rd round draft pick, with some even looking at him as a late first rounder.

Blake's rehab is coming along nicely.

I'm excited for the kid if he comes back well.

QUOTE (Quinarvy @ Dec 12, 2016 -> 10:12 PM)
Blake's rehab is coming along nicely.

I'm excited for the kid if he comes back well.

He just had his first throwing session since TJS

Blake Hickman ‏@BlakeHickman18 18h18 hours ago First day of throwing went well. Felt great to get back after it a little bit.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Dec 13, 2016 -> 09:39 AM)

Blake Hickman ‏@BlakeHickman18 18h18 hours ago First day of throwing went well. Felt great to get back after it a little bit.

Man I thought he was going to start throwing in August. I guess that was probably just long toss.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Dec 13, 2016 -> 09:39 AM)

He was throwing in the fall - this was definitely not his first. It was his first after a few weeks' break.