2017 Video Game Thread

southsider2k5

Are most people using strategy guide for Breath of Wild?

I have been going no strategy guide/no looking up, and I keep wasting time fighting things that are way above my level. The only reason I know is that one time I looked up the fight after I beat it and the weapons they were suggesting were like 10-15 higher than what I had lol.

• Replies 294
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ Jun 5, 2017 -> 03:53 PM)
Are most people using strategy guide for Breath of Wild?

I have been going no strategy guide/no looking up, and I keep wasting time fighting things that are way above my level. The only reason I know is that one time I looked up the fight after I beat it and the weapons they were suggesting were like 10-15 higher than what I had lol.

I use it. I went as far as I could without it and finally started using it. I was running into the same issue as you

QUOTE (soxfan2014 @ Jun 13, 2017 -> 07:33 AM)
Days Gone looks sick af. Man I love Sony and their exclusives.

Agreed. The fact that both that and Spider-Man are Sony exclusives... I'm still shocked anyone buys an XBOX for a yearly Halo update.

Metroid Prime 4

Mario Odyssey

Solo Yoshi game

Kirby Game

Rocket League

Zelda DLC

Fire Emblem Warriors

Xenoblade Chronicles 2

Pokken Tournament

ARMs

Splatoon 2

that was a pretty impressive half hour of new stuff, Nintendo

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Jun 13, 2017 -> 11:42 AM)
Metroid Prime 4

Mario Odyssey

Solo Yoshi game

Kirby Game

Rocket League

Zelda DLC

Fire Emblem Warriors

Xenoblade Chronicles 2

Pokken Tournament

ARMs

Splatoon 2

that was a pretty impressive half hour of new stuff, Nintendo

I just can't get excited about anything Nintendo. I think the system that had the best games on it was the GameCube personally. Have many great memories with friends playing that system.

Edited by soxfan2014

QUOTE (soxfan2014 @ Jun 14, 2017 -> 08:53 AM)
I just can't get excited about anything Nintendo. I think the system that had the best games on it was the GameCube personally. Have many great memories with friends playing that system.

Well I mean Super Nintendo and N64.

Yeah, that new Super Mario game is about the only thing that ever made me consider getting a Nintendo system again, but I can't justify it for 1 game.

The Switch is f***ing awesome. And if you already own a PS4, it's the perfect gaming complement.

Unfortunately, too many people can't get over the "kiddie"' image and give Nintendo a chance.

QUOTE (Jose Abreu @ Jun 14, 2017 -> 11:03 PM)
Why?

Because it's portable and has a different set of exclusives. I would not recommend a Switch as your only console unless you're a huge Nintendo fan, but having both a PS4 & Switch gives you an access to an incredible library of games and ultimately gives you the best of both worlds at home and on the go.

I bought a Switch and simply enjoy it for the fact that 2-3 times a week during lunch at Work, I can play Mario Kart with Co-Workers.

Having that sort of portability is absolutely critical.

Wish they had some decent Sports Games though. Time to bring back Mario Golf or something...

QUOTE (DBAHO @ Jun 14, 2017 -> 11:39 PM)
I bought a Switch and simply enjoy it for the fact that 2-3 times a week during lunch at Work, I can play Mario Kart with Co-Workers.

Having that sort of portability is absolutely critical.

Wish they had some decent Sports Games though. Time to bring back Mario Golf or something...

EA is releasing FIFA 18 soon, I think Madden is on the way shortly afterwards. I hope Mario Golf comes back though, that was always fun. Mario baseball too for that matter

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Jun 15, 2017 -> 06:23 AM)
EA is releasing FIFA 18 soon, I think Madden is on the way shortly afterwards. I hope Mario Golf comes back though, that was always fun. Mario baseball too for that matter

No Madden but a legit version NBA 2K18 is coming. I think that & FIFA is a good start. I have a feeling by the holidays that the Switch user base will finally be large enough to attract 3rd parties. We won't see those fruits until 2018, but it's amazing how much better certain games are with the portability and local co-op factors that only Switch provides. I pre-ordered NBA 2K18 strictly for those reasons.

If anybody liked Resogun, Housemarque just released the sequel, Nex Machina, and it's awesome. They didn't really say how similar it is to Resogun, but it's got so many things in common with it. If you like twin-stick shooters, Housemarque is as good as it gets and Nex Machina is right up there with their best stuff.