President Donald Trump: The Thread

Steve9347

QUOTE (KagakuOtoko @ Jul 14, 2017 -> 02:07 PM)
Can we really trust CNN though?

It's amazing their fake news and the failing NYT reports have forced Jared Kushner to amend his security clearance forms several times. For some reason they reminded him of some meetings he totally forgot about.

• Replies 7.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (StrangeSox @ Jul 14, 2017 -> 02:04 PM)
The number of people who attended the collusion meeting is now up to eight, with three still not identified.

https://twitter.com/NickKristof/status/8859...src=twsrc%5Etfw

And Agent Orange didn't know. OK.

I think I heard it was 2 days after this meeting the DNC was hacked.

Edited by Dick Allen

Trump Jr.’s Russia meeting sure sounds like a Russian intelligence operation

https://www.washingtonpost.com/outlook/trum...m=.2ccd782cc83c

It's ridiculous that kushner still has a security clearance at this point after lying repeatedly on his disclosure forms. He gets his get own version of the presidential daily briefing everyday and is privy to our nation's most closely held secrets.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Jul 17, 2017 -> 10:34 AM)
I do think the playbook of mentioning Hillary every time there is a crisis is getting pretty old. If she is a criminal, charge her with something or STFU.

His entire playbook is 3 pages

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Jul 17, 2017 -> 10:34 AM)
I do think the playbook of mentioning Hillary every time there is a crisis is getting pretty old. If she is a criminal, charge her with something or STFU.

The "me too" narrative works with the base.

QUOTE (StrangeSox @ Jul 18, 2017 -> 07:47 AM)
Only 45% of Trump voters believe that Donald Jr has a meeting with Russians, a thing he has publicly admitted to.

https://twitter.com/ppppolls/status/8870425...src=twsrc%5Etfw

I'd be curious to see what the question was. There's a difference IMO between people believing that Trump Jr. met with a Russian citizen versus "Russia" or an agent of Russia. Do we know if those Russians in the meeting were agents speaking on behalf of the Putin?

QUOTE (JenksIsMyHero @ Jul 18, 2017 -> 09:42 AM)
I'd be curious to see what the question was. There's a difference IMO between people believing that Trump Jr. met with a Russian citizen versus "Russia" or an agent of Russia. Do we know if those Russians in the meeting were agents speaking on behalf of the Putin?

The claim that they were probably got them the meeting. Now what was said in said meeting is anyone's guess. Considering how many times Jr. has already lied about it, I don't think we can take his version as gospel. And it was only a couple of days later the DNC did get hacked by Russia. I know, just more coincidence. None of these guys ever even met with Russians. Jared has only amended his security clearance forms 3 times. There is no reason he should continue to have access.

QUOTE (JenksIsMyHero @ Jul 18, 2017 -> 08:42 AM)

Do you really think Putin would expose himself to that type of liability....you can implicitly intimate that the meeting has his blessing, without an explicit admission of his direct involvement.

It's the way he and Trump are always covered and underlings can be sacrificed to take the follow and insulate the top dogs.

Eventually, they'll have to pick a fall guy (would love it to be Kushner, but unlikely) and pardon most of the others. Everyone gets away without any consequences, that won't play in the media with how long this story has stretched...and it certainly will have legs into 2018 and the November elections. Dems get control of the House again, it will be even more fireworks.

Edited by caulfield12

QUOTE (JenksIsMyHero @ Jul 18, 2017 -> 09:42 AM)

Realistically speaking, with the way Russia operates you don't get people holding meetings like this without approval and knowledge, but that it a fair point regarding question phrasing

lol, I like how I said "the Putin."

But yeah, I mean 20% of Trump supporters aren't going to believe any news, so that doesn't surprise me. But I find it hard to believe that such a high percent don't believe something directly admitted by Trump Jr. There's gotta be some confusion on the question or what they mean by "Russia."

QUOTE (JenksIsMyHero @ Jul 18, 2017 -> 10:46 AM)
lol, I like how I said "the Putin."

But yeah, I mean 20% of Trump supporters aren't going to believe any news, so that doesn't surprise me. But I find it hard to believe that such a high percent don't believe something directly admitted by Trump Jr. There's gotta be some confusion on the question or what they mean by "Russia."

Based on the rest of the polling data I'm going to go with straight up reality denial. Thinking on it a bit more, the emails themselves show that the Russians were claiming to represent government efforts to aid Trump, so either way we still have Jr admitting to it.

77% of Trump voters think he should stay in office even if collusion is proven, and a plurality at 45% think Russia wanted Clinton to win vs 26% for Trump.

They just live in a different reality and have information sources that deliberately lie and misinform in everything.

Edited by StrangeSox