2017-18 official NBA discussion thread

QUOTE (SoxAce @ Jan 5, 2018 -> 06:51 AM)
Doncic is the goods. I actually think he would maximize Markkanen's potential the best. Ayton is and has been my favorite prospect in this draft after MPJ went down. Athough Trae Young is quickly closing that gap. Another guy who makes me moist being paired with the Fin and would probably go top 3-5 right now. Just dunno if he's ideal with Dunn already here and I don't like Dunn at the 2.

Dunn isn't good enough that you don't take someone better.

QUOTE (bmags @ Jan 5, 2018 -> 08:53 AM)
Dunn isn't good enough that you don't take someone better.

I'm also in that take the BP first, ask questions later ilk myself, but you are really underrating Dunn as a PG. Kid is going to be legit. I just want my 19-20 year old Steph Curry 2.0 on this team. :lol:

QUOTE (SoxAce @ Jan 5, 2018 -> 09:03 AM)
I'm also in that take the BP first, ask questions later ilk myself, but you are really underrating Dunn as a PG. Kid is going to be legit. I just want my 19-20 year old Steph Curry 2.0 on this team. :lol:

I actually don't think I underrate Dunn, but looking at this great class, if bulls are picking top 5, I don't want them trying to pick best player to build within their team. This is the player they build around. And Dunn could be a pretty good starter or a really good bench PG that you occasionally give minutes as a 2 guard backcourt.

QUOTE (Buehrle>Wood @ Jan 5, 2018 -> 07:21 AM)
I'd stay far from Bagley.

In terms of on the court accomplishments, being the best player on the 31st best team in the world (one that would route any college team by 30) is incredible for Doncic and quite frankly more impressive than any performance in college this year aside from Young. It's funny that some want to cut him down because he's out of sight and out of mind playing overseas.

Doncic won't go in the top 4 unless there's some kinda injury. I can guarantee that. Sig bet?

QUOTE (Buehrle>Wood @ Jan 5, 2018 -> 07:16 PM)
Sure

QUOTE (SoxAce @ Jan 5, 2018 -> 07:26 PM)
You already lost son. :lol:

No chance in hell he goes before Ayton, Bagley and Bamba. By the time of the draft MPJ will be, what, a year removed from his injury? Or at least like 9 months or so. If he proves he's healthy and has a couple nice workouts it's done. And nobody is passing up the next Steph in Young for a dude with "ok" athleticism at the nba level. Like I said, I do like Donic. Dude can play. If this were the 2013 draft? He'd be the unquestioned #1 pick/prospect. But this draft is just too damn good. As far as the bet? Let me think of something good and I will get back at you.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jan 6, 2018 -> 07:37 PM)
Jesus. Did we piss the Pacers off by beating them a week or so ago?

Bulls played 5 times in 7 nights, but last time Bulls played them oladipo didn't play as well.

One thing as a fan that is easier to like in this group from last group, with the giant caveat of when BOBBY BROKE NIKOS FACE is that most of the young and new guys are super supportive of each other in media.

There's no cutting down rookies or trying to throw excuses up, they have gotten away from last years crap of Jimmy and Wade throwing rooks under the bus and Rondo stepping up for them.

Example:

K.C. Johnson

Verified account

@KCJHoop

17m17 minutes ago

More

Kris Dunn, on whether it will be an adjustment for Bulls when Zach LaVine returns: "Zach is not a selfish player. He takes the right shots. If he sees somebody open, he’s going to pass the ball. It’s all about playing the right way."

QUOTE (bmags @ Jan 8, 2018 -> 12:44 PM)
One thing as a fan that is easier to like in this group from last group, with the giant caveat of when BOBBY BROKE NIKOS FACE is that most of the young and new guys are super supportive of each other in media.

There's no cutting down rookies or trying to throw excuses up, they have gotten away from last years crap of Jimmy and Wade throwing rooks under the bus and Rondo stepping up for them.

Example:

K.C. Johnson

Verified account

@KCJHoop

17m17 minutes ago

More

Kris Dunn, on whether it will be an adjustment for Bulls when Zach LaVine returns: "Zach is not a selfish player. He takes the right shots. If he sees somebody open, he's going to pass the ball. It's all about playing the right way."

It is also nice to see guys growing up a bit. I don't know if it is the change in the lockerroom or Hoiberg maturing as a coach, but guys are getting better. That is huge all by itself.

QUOTE (bmags @ Jan 8, 2018 -> 10:44 AM)

Example:

K.C. Johnson

Verified account

@KCJHoop

17m17 minutes ago

More

Kris Dunn, on whether it will be an adjustment for Bulls when Zach LaVine returns: "Zach is not a selfish player. He takes the right shots. If he sees somebody open, he’s going to pass the ball. It’s all about playing the right way."

This team, since Niko came back, is extremely likeable (if you pull off your negative biases and just watch). They have been a really fun team to watch play and you are right, the way the young guys fit is just awesome. Look at the Lakers...they are a disaster right now...disaster Dunn is awesome though...has a ton of intensity but seems to fit well with others but also try to push everyone to be great. Hoiberg is a guy I blasted for a couple years but him and his staff have done an excellent job and again I still say the Bulls front office has done well. They were the franchise that actually picked up Lauri and believed in their reports on Dunn (it bit them with Payne but seemed to work with Dunn). I still don't like the Jordan Bell selling of the pick but even when you look at Portis / Valentine, I argue they got good value based upon where they picked. Finding Nwaba from the Lakers (was another good move).

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jan 8, 2018 -> 10:50 AM)
It is also nice to see guys growing up a bit. I don't know if it is the change in the lockerroom or Hoiberg maturing as a coach, but guys are getting better. That is huge all by itself.

I think it has a lot to do with having a more open lockeroom. The reality was the situation Hoiberg walked in to was much more difficult then any of us initially presumed. You had Rose who had fallen apart, Noah who was breaking down, and with that guys who had a lot of different loyalties. Butler clearly played a role in that too and then you fast forward to his second year and it didn't get much better with a team that wasn't designed at all for Hoiberg's offense.

QUOTE (bmags @ Jan 9, 2018 -> 11:20 AM)
It really is jarring after so much of my life watching nearly everything work out perfectly for the lakers to see this completely endless pathetic rebuild by them.

The Lavar Ball situation was so easy to predict too. I'm shocked the narcissist with his own reality tv show who constantly mouths off when cameras are around ended up being a nightmare for the organization.

If I were Magic and/or Luke Walton, I'd publicly tell Lavar to STFU or his son is going to ride the bench (losing value) and/or get traded from LA. I'd also ban him from the arena until he shuts up.