2017-18 official NBA discussion thread

People have been online hating on Lebron, for mostly no reason, that they will regret it when he is done because they will have missed out. Sit back and enjoy the dude. We may never see a hybrid player like him again.

Not getting into Jordan vs Lebron, but it's close.

Okay, so it is hypothetical Tuesday and I have no idea if this is possible...but with the Kwahi situation unfolding in San Antonio, what would it take to pull him from the Spurs? Could the Bulls acquire Kwahi and than add George via FA to put around Dunn / Lauri / Lavine?  I don't even know if that works cap wise and of course this is predicated on being able to get Leonard at a discount.  I presume they would have to let Lavine go (maybe he is part of the trade along with our 1st round picks)?  

Why can't the Bulls be the team that ultimately swoops in and gets Leonard on the cheap.  

Contracts make it very confusing for me, but also what is required considering the state of that relationship. No idea. Obviously Lavine is first i'd offer, but ideally you'd want Kawhi+Lauri+lottery pick

5 hours ago, Chisoxfn said:

Okay, so it is hypothetical Tuesday and I have no idea if this is possible...but with the Kwahi situation unfolding in San Antonio, what would it take to pull him from the Spurs? Could the Bulls acquire Kwahi and than add George via FA to put around Dunn / Lauri / Lavine?  I don't even know if that works cap wise and of course this is predicated on being able to get Leonard at a discount.  I presume they would have to let Lavine go (maybe he is part of the trade along with our 1st round picks)?  

Why can't the Bulls be the team that ultimately swoops in and gets Leonard on the cheap.  

I don't believe it's possible for the Bulls to acquire both Kawhi and a max-ish level contract player without moving Asik and Lopez's contracts in deals. They took on long-term  money with Asik at the deadline and that pushed them pretty far away from being able to do 2 max-ish deals this offseason. They could acquire Kawhi with small pieces going back to the Spurs at any point since they're below the cap.

1. LeBron is the best ever, no doubt about it.

2. The NBA fucking sucks. Seriously? GSW vs. HOU and CLE vs. BOS?

Could have predicted that shit 2 years ago (sans HOU maybe). 

At least I guess BOS has a chance, but without Irving it's rough. 

4 hours ago, Kyyle23 said:

Philly spit the bit on 3 games late.   They should be better for that next season, this year was a really good step for them

I'd take "Spit the bit" and trash that saying. 

I still can't believe that LeBron is so good at basketball that he can win conferences just by being on the court. That team is garbage outside of him. If the Cavs didn't have LeBron, they probably are the worst team in the NBA. He is the definition of a 1 man show. We need to give him more credit as basketball fans for his greatness because despite not winning championships, doing what he has done with his supporting cast, or lack thereof, is super impressive. 

Are the Celtics better with Rozier than Kyrie? I didn't watch much regular season but of what I see of Kyrie in the past, he's a ball hog. 

Ball moves without him and Tatum/Brown combo is so young and dynamic. I'm interested how Gordon will fit in next year. 

6 hours ago, Brian said:

Are the Celtics better with Rozier than Kyrie? I didn't watch much regular season but of what I see of Kyrie in the past, he's a ball hog. 

Ball moves without him and Tatum/Brown combo is so young and dynamic. I'm interested how Gordon will fit in next year. 

Holy shiat, I forget that this team has Hayward as well. Jeez.

Hayward, Horford, Irving, then the young guys. Solid overall team but no super-stars. 

Hayward is good, he’s like a top 20 player. Not sure that’s a superstar but a #2 on a conference finals type team.

i mean man if Utah kept him, him and Donovan Mitchell would have been interesting 

Quietly preparing myself for the reality that Mikal Bridges will be the bulls pick regardless. We'll be sitting at #1 and they'll be drooling to draft a 22 year old.

(this is overly dramatic)

In this draft, I'll settle for merely the top three. See how humble I am, ping pong Gods?