2017-18 official NBA discussion thread

1 minute ago, Soxbadger said:

At least the announcers called out the refs.

Irrespective of the result, Lebron proved none of the Warriors are close to his ability.

I’m personally ready to discuss GOAT I don’t give a fuck. 

The Warriors butt buddy guards talking shit to LeBron there shows how classless they are. This all-timer 35 year old just kicked their ass up and down the court. It took a legit super duper all star team to stop LeBron from having like 6 titles already. 

I hate them. 

The thing is that Jordan didn't have any challenge like Lebron has had the last 4 years to push him to a higher level.

He got bored, dabbled in baseball, golf, gambling, women...everything he went through with his father's murder.  

I do think it would be fascinating to watch the adjustments Jordan would have had to make playing with a team like the current Cavs mess against a team with 4 HoFers.  Jordan was basically playing on that decade's version of GS...so we'll never know the answer, but fascinating to speculate about.

4 minutes ago, Steve9347 said:

The Warriors butt buddy guards talking shit to LeBron there shows how classless they are. This all-timer 35 year old just kicked their ass up and down the court. It took a legit super duper all star team to stop LeBron from having like 6 titles already. 

I hate them. 

33 1/2 years old...will be 34 at the end of December.

Amazing he has been in the NBA for 15 years now.  I remember vividly watching all those high school games when he was back in high school on ESPN.

4 minutes ago, caulfield12 said:

The thing is that Jordan didn't have any challenge like Lebron has had the last 4 years to push him to a higher level.

He got bored, dabbled in baseball, golf, gambling, women...everything he went through with his father's murder.  

I do think it would be fascinating to watch the adjustments Jordan would have had to make playing with a team like the current Cavs mess against a team with 4 HoFers.  Jordan was basically playing on that decade's version of GS...so we'll never know the answer, but fascinating to speculate about.

He’d have gotten his ass kicked just as much as LeBron has. Can’t believe he stole 2016. 

Lebron is playing in an era that favors super athletes. Seriously look at the spacing the guy gets to work with compared to when Jordan was trying to beat the Jordan rule. For fuck sake Lebron played half of the game with Curry on him because teams are afraid to do anything other than switching these days.

If Jordan played with the spacing that we have in today's NBA, I have no doubt in my mind he would have average 40 points for at least 1 season.

31 minutes ago, Steve9347 said:

I hate them. 

Hating on a super team, but not the guy who started all this? Lebron would be sitting on 1 ring if it weren't for super teams.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, thxfrthmmrs said:

Hating on a super team, but not the guy who started all this? Lebron would be sitting on 1 ring if it weren't for super teams.

Its impossible to tell what would have happened had Lebron not going to Miami.

Lebron was the best player on the court, it wasnt really close. 

4 minutes ago, Soxbadger said:

Its impossible to tell what would have happened had Lebron not going to Miami.

Lebron was the best player on the court, it wasnt really close. 

Lebron was the best player on the court for every Final he lost in. So it’s also silly to say he would have won 6 rings had the Warriors not gotten in his way. Let’s also not forget that the 2015 Warriors was built organically and the 2016 team was a suspension away from beating Lebron as well. But sure, let’s blame it on super teams.

Just now, thxfrthmmrs said:

Lebron was the best player on the court for every Final he lost in. So it’s also silly to say he would have won 6 rings had the Warriors not gotten in his way. Let’s also not forget that the 2015 Warriors was built organically and the 2016 team was a suspension away from beating Lebron as well. But sure, let’s blame it on super teams.

I dont think Ive said anything about super teams. Nor have I said anything about 6 rings. Just that Lebron was the best player on the court.

1 hour ago, caulfield12 said:

To be fair, the current Cavs are a mess because of LeGM. He got them to keep JR and TT.

Now to be fair to LeBron, we know Jordan sucks as a GM.

3 hours ago, Boogua said:

That was the best I've ever seen Lebron. He was an equal to Mike last night. 

Insanely impressive.

Missed the game, but minus the 2 points in OT, its like seeing a Jordan-esc box score. Very impressive.

Edited by SoxAce

8 hours ago, Soxbadger said:

I dont think Ive said anything about super teams. Nor have I said anything about 6 rings. Just that Lebron was the best player on the court.

Lebron is the best player of all time, he's always the best on the court.

Draymond is one of my top most hated players in NBA history. People used to get on Duncan and others for crying but he takes it to a whole new level with refs. Id be T-ing him up left and right.

His pie face of Lebron, who definitely over sold it but was an easy call, they complaining. Such a dbag

39 minutes ago, Dick Allen said:

Looks like Colangelo's wife was behind the burner accounts. 

which makes you wonder if he takes responsibility or lets her take the fall.  he very could have been complicit and participating