Who will be the first player traded?

GGajewski18

48 members have voted

1. 1. Who will be the first player traded?

• David Robertson
    • Jose Quintana
    • Todd Frazier
    • Tommy Kahnle
    • Anthony Swarzak
    • Melky Cabrera
    • Avisail Garcia
    • Derek Holland
    • James Shields
    • Jose Abreu

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I voted Swarzak, because he's on a cheap expiring deal, so there isn't money to haggle over, and he won't cost much in terms of talent, and there are enough teams that are close to a WC spot who can convince themselves that a peripheral BP upgrade is worth it.

QUOTE (Thad Bosley @ Jul 4, 2017 -> 01:59 PM)
This thread is about team attendance, and therefore the spectrum of opinion can and should be expected to cover a wide range of views. From the excitement of following players this year like Avi, Jose, Yolmer, Kahnle, etc., who have given some reason to pay attention to this last place team, all the way to the frustration with an owner and his management team who have now brought us the fifth summer in a row of completely meaningless baseball in the middle of the summer. A thread like this will cover the whole gamete.

To give this some further context, we the fans have not had a reason to get truly excited about a competitive White Sox team since Obama's first term, and the team has not made it to the postseason since George W.'s second term. There's your reason for the "doomsday" posts. Fix that and those posts go away, or at least decrease dramatically.

I would assume it's Robertson. The ONLY two on the whole list who will be traded are Quintana and Robertson. That will pretty much assure two more major holes for next season on the team and pretty much guarantee the cellar again. It'll be the buzzkill the Sox need (sarcasm) heading into the offseason.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Jul 4, 2017 -> 02:09 PM)
I would assume it's Robertson. The ONLY two on the whole list who will be traded are Quintana and Robertson. That will pretty much assure two more major holes for next season on the team and pretty much guarantee the cellar again. It'll be the buzzkill the Sox need (sarcasm) heading into the offseason.

Not trading Swarzak, Melky or Frazier would be idiotic.

I voted Swarzak as he should have a good balance if demand/price.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Jul 4, 2017 -> 01:09 PM)

This is fully and 100% wrong.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jul 4, 2017 -> 07:09 PM)
This is fully and 100% wrong.

Why would anybody want Melky or Frazier? Seriously. The relievers everybody's high on will not bring back much. Relievers who are not closers don't bring back much. Who is the Sox projected closer anyway once we deal David? We have to keep somebody so we'll keep Swarzik and Kahnle since they won't bring back anything of note. I don't think Jerry has bought into the losing every game thing has he?

QUOTE (greg775 @ Jul 4, 2017 -> 03:20 PM)
Why would anybody want Melky or Frazier? Seriously. The relievers everybody's high on will not bring back much. Relievers who are not closers don't bring back much. Who is the Sox projected closer anyway once we deal David? We have to keep somebody so we'll keep Swarzik and Kahnle since they won't bring back anything of note. I don't think Jerry has bought into the losing every game thing has he?

😂😂😂

Frazier just put up a 8 HRs and a .932 OPS in the month of June. He might not fetch a lot, but there probably won't be any shortage of low ball offers. If the Sox eat a chunk of his remaining salary his odds of getting traded are probably 99%. A better question might have been what are the odds each of those guys gets traded? I'd put Frazier's odds above Quintana and Robertson.

QUOTE (OmarComing25 @ Jul 4, 2017 -> 01:08 PM)
I voted for Swarzak but another question might be who do you think doesn't get traded? I think everyone on that list but Avi/Shields/Abreu/Holland goes. Melky is an August acquisition for someone.

Brings up an interesting point. I am not interested so much in who gets traded but how many actually get traded by the deadline. A lot of trades by the deadline seems pretty farfetched I think maybe 4 go by the deadline but even that seems 1 too high for me.

I think Melky gets moved in August, simply because there's no reason to keep him around and he won't have so much money owed at that point. Frazier has looked better lately, so its possible he goes before the July deadline, but also possible he joins Melky in going after. Shields might be an off-season trade, a bad money swap or something, to free up a rotation spot, or else he stays. Robertson, Q and Swarzak should all go before the deadline, easily.

QUOTE (OmarComing25 @ Jul 4, 2017 -> 03:08 PM)
I voted for Swarzak but another question might be who do you think doesn't get traded? I think everyone on that list but Avi/Shields/Abreu/Holland goes. Melky is an August acquisition for someone.

Melky is definitely an August acquisition and won't fetch much.

I do think Robertson goes first though. Swarzak will get dealt after David's situation is settled, although I think there is some chance that Swarzak is bundled with Robertson to the Nationals.

QUOTE (BlackSox13 @ Jul 4, 2017 -> 10:21 PM)
I'm thinking lesser trade chips like Melky/Frazier/Shields go first since they can be had for cheap so I'll guess Shields goes first with the best trade chips not moving until closer to the deadline.

the white sox could pay all of Shields' remaining 1 1/2 years and nobody would trade for him.