7/11 Games

TheTruth05

QUOTE (Feeky Magee @ Jul 11, 2017 -> 08:06 PM)
Spencer Adams isn't a favourite when people list their future rotations but he might be one of the safest bets. I see him as close to a surefire 4th/5th with the K% deciding if he ends up better than that.

I 100% agree. I really think he can be a quality #4 caliber starter that eats innings. There's plenty of value in that.

QUOTE (BlackSox13 @ Jul 11, 2017 -> 08:51 PM)
Adams has really picked up the K rate this season. Actually, the same can be said for Guerrero. Both have been impressive and should finish the season at Charlotte.

Especially so after the first month this year.

QUOTE (flavum @ Jul 11, 2017 -> 08:42 PM)
I'm not big on ranking prospects, but I hope Spencer Adams is higher than Carson Fulmer on any list out there.

I think that's what we'll see when the post-season rankings come out. Based on this year's improvement and being left handed, Jordan Guerrero should be nipping at Fulmer's heals in the next rankings.

QUOTE (bmags @ Jul 11, 2017 -> 08:54 PM)
Especially so after the first month this year.

Yep, that May 27th start is when it turned around for him. I think the young man just needed some time to grow into his 6'3" frame. Was kinda skinny coming out of HS.

QUOTE (BlackSox13 @ Jul 11, 2017 -> 08:51 PM)
Adams has really picked up the K rate this season. Actually, the same can be said for Guerrero. Both have been impressive and should finish the season at Charlotte.

It seems like a month ago people were writing Spencer off... mostly because they were.

QUOTE (Username @ Jul 11, 2017 -> 09:57 PM)
Apparently his velo has bumped up to touching 94+ as of late. With his control and advanced pitchability he could really take off if he keeps striking people out.

Good Lord the farm system is getting stacked

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jul 11, 2017 -> 09:41 PM)
It seems like a month ago people were writing Spencer off... mostly because they were.

It's terrific to see Adams really taking developmental steps forward this season. Seven out of his past ten outings have been quality starts, he's keeping the walks down and getting more strikeouts.

If he continues to have 92-94 mpg fastball velocity there is some mid rotation upside left in him. Control is tough to lean and he already has it.

Digging a bit deeper into his numbers, his FIP is 3.12 and xFIP is 2.92 in AA this year. 7.51 K/9 is certainly an improvement and he's only walking 1.51 BB/9.

Edited by steveno89

The Barons pitching staff is surprisingly good. Beyond Kopech, who has ace potential, you have Adams, Stephens, and Guerrero all with a decent chance to become MLB starters. The White Sox pitching depth in the minors is pretty incredible right now.

QUOTE (Dam8610 @ Jul 12, 2017 -> 11:50 AM)
The Barons pitching staff is surprisingly good. Beyond Kopech, who has ace potential, you have Adams, Stephens, and Guerrero all with a decent chance to become MLB starters. The White Sox pitching depth in the minors is pretty incredible right now.

Matt Cooper too.

QUOTE (Dam8610 @ Jul 12, 2017 -> 12:50 PM)

Sandwiched between Giolito (ace potential), Lopez (TOR potential), Fulmer, and Danish and Hansen, Dunning, Flores, and Lambert too, truly unbelievable