7/14 Games (Fulmer, Kopech, Dunning)

KnightsOnMintSt

QUOTE (fathom @ Jul 14, 2017 -> 07:09 PM)
Fulmer is just bad. At this point any value as a reliever will be a nice surprise.

Agreed. My reaction to the 9 of the top 68 prospects was, "yeah, but one of them is Fulmer, and it's just not true".

He's not a lost cause, but he's never going to be a starter when the Sox are good.

QUOTE (flavum @ Jul 14, 2017 -> 07:13 PM)
Agreed. My reaction to the 9 of the top 68 prospects was, "yeah, but one of them is Fulmer, and it's just not true".

He's not a lost cause, but he's never going to be a starter when the Sox are good.

I had the same reaction but then it occurred to me Hansen and/or Dunning have played themselves into top 100 consideration, so it's sort of a wash.

Fulmer really is a bummer right now, though.

QUOTE (maxjusttyped @ Jul 14, 2017 -> 07:15 PM)
I had the same reaction but then it occurred to me Hansen and/or Dunning have played themselves into top 100 consideration, so it's sort of a wash.

Fulmer really is a bummer right now, though.

There's only room for one Bummer in this organization

QUOTE (Chicago White Sox @ Jul 14, 2017 -> 09:35 PM)
He really has no business still being down in the AZL.

Extra bases have obviously been nice but he's coming off a college season where he struck out 32% of the time and it's been 40% so far in the AZL. I imagine they'll want that to improve before sending him to Kanny, although their catchers have been awful.

Given that Fulmer's performance has clearly regressed, I think it's unwise to assume the version we're seeing out there right now is the "real" one. Sometimes players do regress (or over-perform for stretches), but I think something's off. Perhaps he's about to join Burdi on the operating table.

QUOTE (2005thxfrthmmrs @ Jul 15, 2017 -> 06:43 AM)
Skoug is defying logic, still has a BABIP of 1.000 after 15 plate appearances. You think he can keep it up?

If he does I'm not as worried about 50% k rate