Frazier to Boston Rumors getting heavy

whitesoxwinner

• Replies 563
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (iamshack @ Jul 14, 2017 -> 10:18 PM)

I don't think anyone was expecting a great return. Chavis seemed unrealistic to me and obviously Devers & Groome were never going to happen. Honestly, I don't think anything else in their system would qualify as "great" anyways. Chatham or Dalbec would be a solid return IMO.

A second-round pick in consecutive Drafts, Stankiewicz spurned the Mets in 2012 when they offered him a below-slot bonus. After a year at Seminole State (Okla.) JC, he agreed to a $1.1 million bonus with the Red Sox that got discounted to $915,000 after a physical revealed he had been born without a right pectoral muscle. His lack of an effective breaking ball resulted in modest success as a pro until he improved his slider late in 2016.

Stankiewicz has spent most of his pro career relying heavily on a fastball that sat at 91-93 mph and peaked at 95, commanding it well in part because it lacked life. His velocity ticked up in the second half of last season, and he kept hitters off his heater with a harder, sharper slider in the mid-80s. He also has a curveball and changeup, but both are fringy offerings.

If that doesn't make you horny, I don't know what will.

Edited by iamshack

QUOTE (GreenSox @ Jul 14, 2017 -> 10:34 PM)
What does "Cheap prospect" mean?

heck Devers is cheap - minor league salaries aren't much.

I'm assuming it means none of their highly regarded prospects, but it's just a weird word to use. Definitely takes away some of the optimism I had.

QUOTE (Chicago White Sox @ Jul 14, 2017 -> 08:44 PM)
That dude seems somewhat insane, but hey, we all doubted wetbutt yesterday.

Yeah, I'm just posting what I see...and sorry about the links...went back and fixed them.