7/15 Games

GGajewski18

Don't know what's happening to Alex Call. He's extended his stay in AZL way beyond expectation. He's now an ugly 2 for 47 down there. It's not like he's striking out a ton, but just hitting an insane number of ground balls.

P.S. He's blocking our water polo star down there.

QUOTE (2005thxfrthmmrs @ Jul 15, 2017 -> 10:44 PM)
Don't know what's happening to Alex Call. He's extended his stay in AZL way beyond expectation. He's now an ugly 2 for 47 down there. It's not like he's striking out a ton, but just hitting an insane number of ground balls.

P.S. He's blocking our water polo star down there.

How's that? Call doesn't play first

QUOTE (fathom @ Jul 15, 2017 -> 07:56 PM)
Giolito looked better than earlier in the year but command was way off tonight. Still didn't see many, if any, swings and misses on his fastball. Charlotte defense is still pretty terrible

I don't want to be overly negative, but it boggles my mind people can look at him and still see one of the best prospects in baseball. Law had him (I believe) at 15 and that seems impossible to justify.

Skoug went 3-5 and is hitting a cool .529.

QUOTE (maxjusttyped @ Jul 16, 2017 -> 01:56 AM)
I don't want to be overly negative, but it boggles my mind people can look at him and still see one of the best prospects in baseball. Law had him (I believe) at 15 and that seems impossible to justify.

Skoug went 3-5 and is hitting a cool .529.

When you watch him pitch on a night with solid command you begin to understand the hype. You just have to sit back and hope the consistency comes, even if it takes a few more years.

QUOTE (mac9001 @ Jul 16, 2017 -> 08:30 AM)
When you watch him pitch on a night with solid command you begin to understand the hype. You just have to sit back and hope the consistency comes, even if it takes a few more years.

Yeah it's easy to forget the kid is 22. Plus the Nationals really set him back last year.

If he's still struggling 2nd half next year I think it's time to really worry. But even then he'd only be 23! If he hits his ceiling at 24/25 that's still so young.