Sox send Frazier/DRob/Kahnle to NY ~ Rutherford/Clarkin/Clippard/Polo

southsider2k5

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Call me crazy, but what if Hahn and Cashman have been having ongoing conversations about Robertson and it came up as "what would it take for us to get Torres?" And Cashman said Frazier and Kahnle? The Yanks still have Gregorious through 2020 and he's turned into a pretty damn good player.

QUOTE (witesoxfan @ Jul 18, 2017 -> 08:30 PM)
Call me crazy, but what if Hahn and Cashman have been having ongoing conversations about Robertson and it came up as "what would it take for us to get Torres?" And Cashman said Frazier and Kahnle? The Yanks still have Gregorious through 2020 and he's turned into a pretty damn good player.

I don't think that would happen BUT for all 3 I don't think it's completely 100 percent out of the equation either.

QUOTE (witesoxfan @ Jul 19, 2017 -> 02:30 AM)

5% chance IMO. C. Frazier a 6% chance

QUOTE (witesoxfan @ Jul 19, 2017 -> 02:30 AM)

Torres isn't getting moved. Wish it weren't true, but you do not trade Torres for a rental 3B/1B and bullpen arms. That's just highway robbery. Cashman is not dumb by a long stretch.Give me Rutherford, Adams, and Fowler, and I'll say it was a good trade. I'd take Andjujar and/or Mateo as well. Yanks have so many good pieces. Red Sox could never match.

QUOTE (Lillian @ Jul 18, 2017 -> 06:33 PM)
Really Fathom? Who else besides Andujar and Mateo would comprise a sufficient return? I assume that it would be a low level prospect.

You have to get back a guy like Florial or an arm or something.

QUOTE (Lillian @ Jul 19, 2017 -> 02:33 AM)
Really Fathom? Who else besides Andujar and Mateo would comprise a sufficient return? I assume that it would be a low level prospect.

I like Andujar but neither guy is a BA top 100 prospect as of a few weeks ago

QUOTE (Butter Parque @ Jul 18, 2017 -> 08:34 PM)
Torres isn't getting moved. Wish it weren't true, but you do not trade Torres for a rental 3B/1B and bullpen arms. That's just highway robbery. Cashman is not dumb by a long stretch.Give me Rutherford, Adams, and Fowler, and I'll say it was a good trade. I'd take Andjujar and/or Mateo as well. Yanks have so many good pieces. Red Sox could never match.

Didn't the Yankees get Torres (and more) for just one bullpen arm, that was a rental, no less?

QUOTE (reiks12 @ Jul 18, 2017 -> 06:35 PM)
Why do I get the feeling that this is all bulls***?

Because we've walked this walk many times before only to be let down. This is different. This is it. Go time.