2017-2018 NFL Thread

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Oct 23, 2017 -> 09:07 AM)
Cohen dropped a perfect back shoulder pass on the first drive and also dropped a bubble screen pass. His numbers should have been better, and the playcalling is doing him zero favors. He also isn’t throwing to guys that are only wide open, he is hitting guys in stride within windows

https://twitter.com/nflfilmstudy/status/922283325288599552

https://twitter.com/_marcusd2_/status/922162218896183297

I agree he's had a few nice throws and I commented in the last post about that longer pass where Cohen should have bailed him out (tough play, but a play that could and should be made more often then not, imo).

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Oct 23, 2017 -> 12:57 PM)
He doesnt really have a single actual NFL receiver on the field. Its hard to judge anyone with that.

This. Exactly this. Maybe Kendall Wright. Otherwise, not a single WR on this active roster should be on the team next year. And I guess, if they were to keep 6 WRs, then they could keep Bellamy for his special teams work. But we have to add at least 3 new WRs to the corps this off-season. 2 free agents and a draft pick or two.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Oct 22, 2017 -> 09:13 PM)
Playcalling has changed 100 percent. Glennon threw 40, 45, 22, and 33 times in his starts. I don’t even think Trubisky has thrown over 20 times yet

Much of Glennon's passing attempts were due to being down in the score quickly (he caused much of that). If Carolina had scored a few times early, the play calls would have been different as well.

However, what hasn't changed is the reluctance to throw to Wrs and only short passes to the TE and backs. Glennon rarely did it and Trubiskey rarely does.

QUOTE (ptatc @ Oct 23, 2017 -> 05:46 PM)
Much of Glennon's passing attempts were due to being down in the score quickly (he caused much of that). If Carolina had scored a few times early, the play calls would have been different as well.

However, what hasn't changed is the reluctance to throw to Wrs and only short passes to the TE and backs. Glennon rarely did it and Trubiskey rarely does.

They started the Tampa game with like 15 straight passes iirc. Packers game also(which turned into the nightmare game it was)

And I think maybe it would have opened up a bit more if Carolina scored a TD also, but they didn’t even try to move the pocket or pass on first down at all. That’s a disservice to Mitch, especially considering he is probably going to have to pass a lot this week against the Saints. The kid needs to find a rhythm

I'm generally supportive of Pace, but it really grates me seeing the Eagles hire Kellly when we hired Trestman, go to Playoffs twice, Fire Kelly and "rebuild", find a franchise QB and basically be on way to playoffs already while Bears are *still* a year away really grates me.

I can see us in this Oakland Raiders rebuild mode, but I don't understand how other teams have put the pieces back together so much faster.

QUOTE (bmags @ Oct 24, 2017 -> 08:16 AM)
I'm generally supportive of Pace, but it really grates me seeing the Eagles hire Kellly when we hired Trestman, go to Playoffs twice, Fire Kelly and "rebuild", find a franchise QB and basically be on way to playoffs already while Bears are *still* a year away really grates me.

I can see us in this Oakland Raiders rebuild mode, but I don't understand how other teams have put the pieces back together so much faster.

I mean we tore apart a pretty decent offensive because guys didn't like eachother?

If we had kept some of these guys together and focused on the defense and QB position in the meantime, I suspect we could be pretty decent.

I didn't so much mind them moving on from Forte, but Marshall, Alshon, Bennett...I suspect if we had figured out a better way to manage the offensive skill player situation we might be a playoff caliber team this year.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Oct 25, 2017 -> 01:22 PM)
Bears trade 7th rounder to Chargers for WR Dontrelle Inman

On first thought, I hate to waste any draft pick on a unrestricted free agent in a rebuilding year, but it can only help Trubisky, and his development is all that matters.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Oct 25, 2017 -> 01:41 PM)
On first thought, I hate to waste any draft pick on a unrestricted free agent in a rebuilding year, but it can only help Trubisky, and his development is all that matters.

It's also conditional and my impression is they only give up a 7th if he's good. Makes sense for Chargers, they are already struggling to get Mike Williams to field.

800 yards better than almost anyone else we have. Not bad. I presume he's taken a lesser role because ultimately he isn't as good as their other top guys (plus the fact that last year he was kind of "thrusted" into that role due to the Chargers WR injuries.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Oct 25, 2017 -> 02:38 PM)
800 yards better than almost anyone else we have. Not bad. I presume he's taken a lesser role because ultimately he isn't as good as their other top guys (plus the fact that last year he was kind of "thrusted" into that role due to the Chargers WR injuries.

Chargers added a lot of depth after losing Allen last year, although the obvious retort is that they didn't view this guy as someone acceptable if Allen went down again.

But they added Benjamin and drafted M Williams so he went from #2 to #4/5 after Allen came back.

I know when you scout Trubs stat line it ain’t good, but things like these two runs on 1st and goal from the 6 that put him at 3rd and goal from the 8 is an example of how frustrating the opportunities are for him.

Luckily for saints they were allowed to hold shaheen there