9/11 Sox at Royals

flavum

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't remember who they were or how many, but I'd love to hear from the people who were talking s*** on Jose now. Dude is just flat out one of the better pure hitters in baseball. Would it be nice if he was a little bit better at first base? Of course, but his bat FAR out weighs his D. Given his relative cheap contract I'm really curious to see if there's any good offers for him this off season.

QUOTE (TheFutureIsNear @ Sep 11, 2017 -> 06:49 PM)
Don't remember who they were or how many, but I'd love to hear from the people who were talking s*** on Jose now. Dude is just flat out one of the better pure hitters in baseball. Would it be nice if he was a little bit better at first base? Of course, but his bat FAR out weighs his D. Given his relative cheap contract I'm really curious to see if there's any good offers for him this off season.

I'm really not interested in trading Abreu as I think having his bat anchoring the middle of our lineup is crucial for a quick rebuild. If I were Hahn, I'd explore an extension with him this offseason. A five year deal would allow us to control him through his age 35 season. That's probably as far as I'd go with him right now, but it's something I actually think Jose would accept.

QUOTE (Tannerfan @ Sep 11, 2017 -> 08:37 PM)
Does anybody know what the hell the catbird seat is?

I've always pictured it as "sitting pretty".

Like a cat on a stool right beside a birdcage.