Brewers Acquire Christian Yelich & sign Lorenzo Cain

GGajewski18

QUOTE (Jenksy Cat @ Dec 22, 2017 -> 11:05 AM)
No thanks. Now is not the time to be paying kings ransom prices for anyone not named Mike Trout.

Give these guys 2018 to develop and hopefully in 12/2018 we're in a spot to spend a bunch of money and pull off a trade or 2 that puts us in contention for 2019.

+1

• Replies 388
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Push for Yelich next year once we know what we've got.

Maybe Rutherford has a huge rebound, Dunning and Burger enter the Top 100, etc. And I wouldn't make the trade without signing someone like Machado.

But man, think of that lineup.

CF - Yelich

2B - Moncada

3B - Machado

1B - Abreu

LF - Garcia

RF - Jimenez

C - Castillo

DH - Delmonico?

SS - Anderson

OK, pipe dream over.

QUOTE (Quin @ Dec 22, 2017 -> 11:44 AM)

Maybe Rutherford has a huge rebound, Dunning and Burger enter the Top 100, etc. And I wouldn't make the trade without signing someone like Machado.

CF - Yelich

2B - Moncada

3B - Machado

1B - Abreu

LF - Garcia

RF - Jimenez

C - Castillo

DH - Delmonico?

SS - Anderson

OK, pipe dream over.

My bed sheets are wet upon waking

Normally I'd say no. He doesn't fit with the timeline but with the Marlins low, low prices everything must go sale it would be a shame to not get in on it.

So yeah if the trend continues and they are willing to deal him for non top prospects why the heck not. He could always be flipped later.

QUOTE (wrathofhahn @ Dec 22, 2017 -> 02:21 PM)
Normally I'd say no. He doesn't fit with the timeline but with the Marlins low, low prices everything must go sale it would be a shame to not get in on it.

So yeah if the trend continues and they are willing to deal him for non top prospects why the heck not. He could always be flipped later.

What would their motivation be to trade him for little return? He isn't making a lot of money.

QUOTE (Quin @ Dec 22, 2017 -> 01:44 PM)

CF - Yelich

2B - Moncada

3B - Machado

1B - Abreu

LF - Garcia

RF - Jimenez

C - Castillo

DH - Delmonico?

SS - Anderson

OK, pipe dream over.

Where's Robert?

Can't see why the Marlins would let go of Yelich...nor the Sox depleting the assets they've acquired to get him. Stay the course. Don't mind the dialogue at all...and like a few said....it's the Marlins so who knows what it would take. The highest guy on the totem pole I'd trade would be Lopez. I'd consider Rutherford too. Adolfo...maybe Sheets. But they're not getting Giolito. And like others have said....guys like Moncada, Kopech and Jimenez are untouchable.

QUOTE (hi8is @ Dec 22, 2017 -> 03:36 PM)
Really? I've read the opposite.

They want to dump salary. Why would they hold onto to Castro? Yelich gets expensive (relatively) quickly after this year. If they combine Castro with Yelich they can dump 18 million this year. Castro has 24 million left. He was actually useful last year I have no idea what his actual value is he may have moderate not negative value in a trade. I dunno. People are just assuming adding him to the trade makes him worth less he was a 2 WAR player last year and played well offensively. He maybe a couple million over paid but it's not hard to see him getting something similar in FA

Yelich is also unhappy and wants to be traded. It's going to all come ahead quickly thats not to say the Sox makes a ton of sense I really don't think it does and I would rather they continue to rebuild then go for it but sometimes when the opportunity presents itself you jump on it. Marlins are having a firesale.

QUOTE (soxforlife05 @ Dec 22, 2017 -> 03:34 PM)
No reason to make a trade like this until we see where the holes will be on our roster. I highly doubt we will need an outfielder.

Until the guys are producing in the major leagues, you can never say that. Right now they have 0.5 outfielders depending on Avi. If you have a surplus, you can always make a trade.

I joked when the Cubs traded for Russell, yet another middle.infielder, but it was a great move.

What if there is an elaborate 3 way on hahn's mind?

Abreu and Avi to the same team, maybe Rockies or blue jays.

Prospects from that deal plus maybe one guy like Rutherford to Marlins.

Take money back too like prado.

Pull every lever you can that doesn't involve our top prospects.

That's be cool.

My hypothesis is that 4 years of abreu, avi is worth about 60% of 5 years of yelich

QUOTE (wrathofhahn @ Dec 22, 2017 -> 02:21 PM)

He's under control for 5 years. If he doesn't fit the timeline, the Sox are f***ed.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Dec 23, 2017 -> 01:28 AM)
He's under control for 5 years. If he doesn't fit the timeline, the Sox are f***ed.

Absolutely. The sox should look but the price will probably be too high right now. A team closer to winning will outbid them.