Create a package to land Trout

Jerksticks

QUOTE (Jerksticks @ Dec 27, 2017 -> 11:01 AM)
Yea I wasn't advocating for doing this, mercy. We're just the only team with enough bullets to fire the shot and still have powder left. The shot heard round the world!

The Yankees absolutely have enough bullets. You could argue that Judge for Trout straight up is a fair trade (if not lop-sided towards the Angels), and the Yankees have quite a few more pieces beyond that they could include as well if the Angels didn't feel that was enough.

QUOTE (witesoxfan @ Dec 28, 2017 -> 09:55 AM)
The Yankees absolutely have enough bullets. You could argue that Judge for Trout straight up is a fair trade (if not lop-sided towards the Angels), and the Yankees have quite a few more pieces beyond that they could include as well if the Angels didn't feel that was enough.

As do the Braves.

QUOTE (witesoxfan @ Dec 28, 2017 -> 09:55 AM)

There are a lot of bad peripherals on Judge, I would doubt anyone would buy the argument that he's more valuable than Trout, even with the contract disparity.

QUOTE (Dam8610 @ Dec 28, 2017 -> 10:48 AM)
There are a lot of bad peripherals on Judge, I would doubt anyone would buy the argument that he's more valuable than Trout, even with the contract disparity.

Aaron Judge is under control and at a low cost for 5 years, while Trout is only under control for 3 more years at $33.2 mill per season. Even if you value Judge at $30 mill per year on the open market, he'll make around $50 million less over the next 5 years than what Trout will make over the next 3.

I also would be interested in seeing what the bad peripherals are. Nobody hits the ball harder than Judge, so more than most hitters, he can get away with a K% around 30% because of how much damage he does to the ball otherwise. His HR/FB was exaggerated, but that's not to say that he can't still be a perennial 35-40 homer guy all the same. He draws walks, and he's athletic enough to play solid defense.

I would probably take Trout based solely on the extent of their track records, but it's not as far off as you may think.