AAP: Jake Burger

• 4 weeks later...
QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Feb 26, 2018 -> 01:52 PM)
Bernie Pleskoff‏Verified account @BerniePleskoff 21h21 hours ago Jake Burger-6-2, 210 pounds with a huge upper body and massive trunk. Very strong. Great reviews on his power bat and superb defense at 3B. 2017 1st round pick out of Missouri State.

Expecting a monster '18, him and Delmonico worked their asses off

• 1 year later...
  • 2 months later...
15 hours ago, Donaldo said:

Any updates on Jake?

At one time we were told June 1, then we heard he suffered a heel injury which set him back a week or so.

It's June 20, and still nothing.

I have to leave for work so I can't look it up, but I feel like the heel injury happened closer to like June 10th or something, and it was supposed to be 10 days. So yeah, he should be back like any day now.

5 minutes ago, Lip Man 1 said:

Guy can't stay healthy. Mr. Glass.

ummmm… he had one major injury that reoccurred and sounds like has nothing to do with being injury prone. And a bruised heel... That doesn't sound like being made of glass. The 1st is really unlucky and the 2nd is extremely minor.

3 hours ago, yesterday333 said:

ummmm… he had one major injury that reoccurred and sounds like has nothing to do with being injury prone. And a bruised heel... That doesn't sound like being made of glass. The 1st is really unlucky and the 2nd is extremely minor.

Two major injuries and now a minor one that's caused him to miss at least 18 months of developmental time. At this point even small injuries are making an impact. Every day he's not on the field means he's getting further and further behind.

37 minutes ago, Lip Man 1 said:

Two major injuries and now a minor one that's caused him to miss at least 18 months of developmental time. At this point even small injuries are making an impact. Every day he's not on the field means he's getting further and further behind.

That doesn't mean he is made of glass... or even injury prone. I would say a bruised heel isn't even injured... Yes, it is a hinderance in his development and will cause him to take longer to finally reach the majors (hopefully it still happens) I just don't think that is a label that really fits... yet

6 hours ago, yesterday333 said:

That doesn't mean he is made of glass... or even injury prone. I would say a bruised heel isn't even injured... Yes, it is a hinderance in his development and will cause him to take longer to finally reach the majors (hopefully it still happens) I just don't think that is a label that really fits... yet

Time will tell. So far the results are closer to my comment than yours but for the sake of the kid and more importantly the organization I hope you turn out to be right. With draft busts like Fulmer, Burdi and Hansen they absolutely don't need another one.

• 2 years later...
  • 8 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 1 year later...