Welcome Back!

Chisoxfn

All - I want to first off apologize for the extended outage and temporarily welcome everyone back to the forum. For those who didn't find the temporary site, when upgrading our back-end functionality (php / mysql) we ended up crashing our legacy server (which we had leveraged for a very long time). When the server crashed, we could have quickly restored via backup, however, opted to migrate our site to a new server with the latest bells and whistles.

The upgrade was much needed, however, there were significant delays during the server migration (with our server company), which resulted in a far longer delay than expected. We will also be launching (in conjunction with the new server) and upgrading our forum software to the latest invision forums and are in the process of executing such upgrade. However, given how close we are to the season, I have opted to re-open these forums while we continue to fine tune (on a seperate test set) our overall upgrade to the latest Invision.

This is partly because of the level of effort, but also because the new invision forum is significantly different and with our current forum customized (and relatively pretty), we want to make sure that we can make the user experience more seamless (or at least more seamless than the past 3 weeks outage).

All of us at Soxtalk very much appreciate everyone's patience as we continue to move forward on enhancing Soxtalk and bringing all of you the latest and greatest forum technology. This new technology shall better integrate with social media while the server should enhance our bandwith capabilities to ensure Soxtalk is humming during the multiple playoff runs and world series this next generation Sox team is about to embark on!

Now lets go Sox!!!

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If people want to see some of the functionality, feel free to check out www.talkbears.com which was upgraded one version up (still one version away from where Soxtalk will ultimately be). You just have to ignore the fact that none of the "skins" are customized.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Mar 27, 2018 -> 11:21 PM)
All - I want to first off apologize for the extended outage and temporarily welcome everyone back to the forum. For those who didn't find the temporary site, when upgrading our back-end functionality (php / mysql) we ended up crashing our legacy server (which we had leveraged for a very long time). When the server crashed, we could have quickly restored via backup, however, opted to migrate our site to a new server with the latest bells and whistles.

The upgrade was much needed, however, there were significant delays during the server migration (with our server company), which resulted in a far longer delay than expected. We will also be launching (in conjunction with the new server) and upgrading our forum software to the latest invision forums and are in the process of executing such upgrade. However, given how close we are to the season, I have opted to re-open these forums while we continue to fine tune (on a seperate test set) our overall upgrade to the latest Invision.

This is partly because of the level of effort, but also because the new invision forum is significantly different and with our current forum customized (and relatively pretty), we want to make sure that we can make the user experience more seamless (or at least more seamless than the past 3 weeks outage).

All of us at Soxtalk very much appreciate everyone's patience as we continue to move forward on enhancing Soxtalk and bringing all of you the latest and greatest forum technology. This new technology shall better integrate with social media while the server should enhance our bandwith capabilities to ensure Soxtalk is humming during the multiple playoff runs and world series this next generation Sox team is about to embark on!

Now lets go Sox!!!

Jason,

No need to apologize.

I hope everyone truly recognizes what a privilege it is to participate and read this forum, thanks to your efforts, as well as a lot of others who rarely receive any thanks or recognition.

It’s great to have the site back!

Thank you to everyone at Soxtalk for all that you guys do.

QUOTE (Jose Abreu @ Mar 28, 2018 -> 09:26 AM)
I know that the upcoming upgrade to the new Invision forum is more than just layout, but man, the current layout of this site is much better looking than the new ones such as talkbears

I agree with you. That is why we are working to see how we can customize / tailor it to look prettier.