Minor League Gamethread (4-5)

Chicago White Sox

QUOTE (bmags @ Apr 6, 2018 -> 01:44 AM)
Basically.

I will say when I saw trey in person at W-S last year he’s one of the guys in the field that stands out physically.

Although so did Keon Barnum.

A friend told me that at the time, Andy Gonzalez stood out compared to his minor league peers. Things have definitely changed

QUOTE (fathom @ Apr 5, 2018 -> 07:45 PM)
A friend told me that at the time, Andy Gonzalez stood out compared to his minor league peers. Things have definitely changed

I needed more 2007 flashbacks today, thanks

QUOTE (Dam8610 @ Apr 5, 2018 -> 09:30 PM)
Good day for hitters in AA and A+, Dunning makes the decision to put him at W-S look silly, McClure's numbers at Kanny look promising, hopefully he keeps it up.

Great to see in April, maybe moves quickly but this system is loaded

QUOTE (fathom @ Apr 5, 2018 -> 10:16 PM)
Nice start for Rutherford

Hopefully continues

Awesome to see Basabe have a good game after a solid Spring, have a feeling he'll be in the Top 100 conversation by next season

Feel like Booker deserves to be viewed as of more of a prospect and should play every day...really tough to in that OF though

QUOTE (ChiSoxJon @ Apr 5, 2018 -> 10:59 PM)
Thought it was low-mid 90's

Just going off a couple tweets he was mostly throwing 2-seamers at 87-89, 4-seamer is 90+ but rarely thrown. I'm looking forward to seeing him on TV and it never hurts to be 6'7"so the velocity may play up if he has decent extension.

QUOTE (mac9001 @ Apr 5, 2018 -> 11:02 PM)
Just going off a couple tweets he was mostly throwing 2-seamers at 87-89, 4-seamer is 90+ but rarely thrown. I'm looking forward to seeing him on TV and it never hurts to be 6'7"so the velocity may play up if he has decent extension.

Do we know how much the extension helps in terms of like less reaction time or more mph per extra inch? Because at this point I feel like you have to sit 93-94 to be considered a prospect. Obviously there are outliers in the majors, but it puts so much pressure on having multiple plus secondaries and great command that its hard to predict.

Maybe his stuff will play up in the pen.

Regardless, having not seen much of them after the CWS, fun start to year for him.

Not a lot of the big bullpen prospects pitched last night, and without Burger, Robert, Hansen and Jimenez, it was kind of a weird night to follow.