**World Soxtalk Championship Wrestling Thread VI**

Thought it was really good overall. Main event was dumb and f*** Lesnar but whatever, didn't give a s*** about that match anyways. I also thought Taker-Cena was super stupid and yes of course it got a pop out of the crowd, Taker will always get a pop out of the crowd but he had a perfect send off last year and wish they would have just left it there. And Cena could be used a lot better. Nak-Styles was good, not great imo but high expectations there. They over thought the crap out of the Bryan match but awesome to see that dude back. Ronda and the IC title match were the highlights for me and I had no expectations for the mixed tag going in.

Edited by Rowand44

I was at Mania last night.

The beginning of the show as amazing, was genuinely impressed with every match until the end.

The Styles/Nakumara match was dull as it was very slow paced for two high level guys, but the heel turn was fantastic.

The Braun tag match was atrocious. That's the best WWE came up with? Really embarrassing but a cool moment for Nicholas.

Lesnar/Reigns match was really bad too. We were chanting this awful and the most entertaining thing during the match was there was about 6 beachballs going in the crowd and security was trying to catch them lol. When they did, we all chanted delete and booed them. Also, since no one expected Lesnar to win, he got a huge pop when we did win. I was honestly shocked and so happy that he did. He probably loses it tonight I think, and I hope Joe or Bobby Lashley bury him.

Outside of those matches, everything else was really great. I had a blast and I cannot wait for RAW tonight.

Edited by SoxPride18

So apparently Vince and Lesnar had a near-violent altercation last night after the main event match. Not sure if the rumors are just a plant and a work or if this is legit. I would imagine it being legit since the main event sucked so hard and i'm sure lesnar couldn't be happy about the fans chants nor would Vince.

People are speculating that it might have been the elbow shots to Reigns causing the blood. Same situation as Orton was in against Lesnar during SS.

We see what HHH does with his match, NXT, and 205 live... some day I hope Vince can wake up to it. It's really not that hard to put on a good show with a good storyline and build wrestlers. The talent is there...

QUOTE (iWin4Ron @ Apr 9, 2018 -> 02:53 PM)
So apparently Vince and Lesnar had a near-violent altercation last night after the main event match. Not sure if the rumors are just a plant and a work or if this is legit. I would imagine it being legit since the main event sucked so hard and i'm sure lesnar couldn't be happy about the fans chants nor would Vince.

People are speculating that it might have been the elbow shots to Reigns causing the blood. Same situation as Orton was in against Lesnar during SS.

We see what HHH does with his match, NXT, and 205 live... some day I hope Vince can wake up to it. It's really not that hard to put on a good show with a good storyline and build wrestlers. The talent is there...

I don't follow WWE like I used to, but if you really think HHH has no say on every day WWE storylines, works, etc, then you're nuts.

And if Lesnar is such a problem, stop giving him so much f***ing money. Having a world champ who shows up 10x/year is bad for the product anyway.

QUOTE (soxfan49 @ Apr 9, 2018 -> 03:19 PM)
I don't follow WWE like I used to, but if you really think HHH has no say on every day WWE storylines, works, etc, then you're nuts.

And if Lesnar is such a problem, stop giving him so much f***ing money. Having a world champ who shows up 10x/year is bad for the product anyway.

Yeah, people put too much stock in this HHH is the reason everything is good in NXT and 205Live, and Vince is ther reason everything is terrible on RAW/SD. Hunter probably has quite a hand in the everyday operations on Raw and SD, as well as Stephanie and Shane, Road Dogg, Arn Anderson, etc...

NXT and 205 are designed for completely different audiences, and can therefore be booked/treated much differently than the main roster.

EDIT: I for example, have ZERO interest in NXT and 205live, I do not watch them, nor do I care how good a match is. It's the same reason I dismiss New Japan, I just don't care. If it's not WWE main roster, I have NO interest.

Edited by Y2HH

EDIT: I for example, have ZERO interest in NXT and 205live, I do not watch them, nor do I care how good a match is. It's the same reason I dismiss New Japan, I just don't care. If it's not WWE main roster, I have NO interest.

So... what do you care about? The good WWE storylines? lol. Stories, wrestling, character development are all better on NXT compared to the main roster.

I mean, I get it too -- I prefer watching the main product just for historic sakes... watching NXT is like watching the minor leagues instead of the major leagues, but when the minor leagues are putting on a product that is consistently better than the main product in every avenue... you should check it out.

NXT Takeover in Chicago this June. I'm looking forward to going there.

QUOTE (iWin4Ron @ Apr 9, 2018 -> 04:07 PM)
So... what do you care about? The good WWE storylines? lol. Stories, wrestling, character development are all better on NXT compared to the main roster.

I mean, I get it too -- I prefer watching the main product just for historic sakes... watching NXT is like watching the minor leagues instead of the major leagues, but when the minor leagues are putting on a product that is consistently better than the main product in every avenue... you should check it out.

Yes, I care about the characters and storylines, thanks for asking.

I'm happy you think NXT is consistently better, but I disagree. It's almost as if this is opinion or something! I have watched NXT, and they have far less to deal with, 1 hour shows, rare PPVs, small rosters where only a handful of people appear on a show, and I further disagree about the characters, the character development, and the stories. Other than the main event, I don't see much story, and even then it's just about wrestling matches and 15 minute entrances.

It's not my style. I don't care about the product.

Edited by Y2HH

I'm pretty convinced you don't give NXT a shot at all. I completely understand it not being your style. It's pro wrestling, everyone has their likes and dislikes, that's what's great about this time in the wrestling business is there is something for everyone. That said, to say NXT doesn't have character development or good storylines is just flat out incorrect. Their matches and their ppv's are always great but the reason people get so invested in the characters is because of how they're presented and the build ups in these feuds.

Edited by Rowand44

QUOTE (iWin4Ron @ Apr 9, 2018 -> 04:07 PM)

Good to know you are laughing at him for caring about WWE storylines, less than 24 hours after you typed up MULTIPLE posts about your thoughts on WWE matches. Cute.

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Apr 9, 2018 -> 04:33 PM)
I'm pretty convinced you don't give NXT a shot at all. I completely understand it not being your style. It's pro wrestling, everyone has their likes and dislikes, that's what's great about this time in the wrestling business is there is something for everyone. That said, to say NXT doesn't have character development or good storylines is just flat out incorrect. Their matches and their ppv's are always great but the reason people get so invested in the characters is because of how they're presented and the build ups in these feuds.

I've legit tried to watch it, but it just doesn't do anything for me. Also, while there are storylines, it's not like there are a lot of them -- it's like an hour show once a week with a rare PPV ... there just isn't much time for storylines or character development in between the 30 minute matches I don't care about. ;)

QUOTE (soxfan49 @ Apr 9, 2018 -> 04:36 PM)
Good to know you are laughing at him for caring about WWE storylines, less than 24 hours after you typed up MULTIPLE posts about your thoughts on WWE matches. Cute.

He's what I classify as an IWC mark. These are the people that care about Dave Meltzer's ratings, 55 minute matches, and strong style. It's a brand of wrestling I just don't care about. But the thing is, that's their opinion and they're entitled too it. There isn't anything wrong with what he likes ... it's just not my thing, and they just can't let me enjoy something I because they don't like it.

I care more about trash talking on the mic and 5-15 minute matches to resolve drama than I do about a bunch of choreographed moves. I can suspend disbelief, but I have a limit as to how long. A wrestling match gets like 15-20 minutes max from me before my suspension of disbelief vanishes and I remember they're just running through a bunch of choreographed moves, and it just kills the moment for me. That's why I prefer shorter matches and higher drama. That's why characters like the Miz and Alexa Bliss appeal to me, and characters like Nakamura and Asuka do absolutely nothing for me. They're likey the exact opposite in that opinion, which is fine for them.

Edited by Y2HH

QUOTE (Y2HH @ Apr 9, 2018 -> 04:48 PM)
He's what I classify as an IWC mark. These are the people that care about Dave Meltzer's ratings, 55 minute matches, and strong style. It's a brand of wrestling I just don't care about. But the thing is, that's their opinion and they're entitled too it. There isn't anything wrong with what he likes ... it's just not my thing, and they just can't let me enjoy something I because they don't like it.

I care more about trash talking on the mic and 5-15 minute matches to resolve drama than I do about a bunch of choreographed moves. I can suspend disbelief, but I have a limit as to how long. A wrestling match gets like 15-20 minutes max from me before my suspension of disbelief vanishes and I remember they're just running through a bunch of choreographed moves, and it just kills the moment for me. That's why I prefer shorter matches and higher drama. That's why characters like the Miz and Alexa Bliss appeal to me, and characters like Nakamura and Asuka do absolutely nothing for me. They're likey the exact opposite in that opinion, which is fine for them.

The IWC has turned on nakamura after last night tbf. I dont know why. I thought the match was good. One of them should have been a heel though to make the match dynamic better

QUOTE (Buehrle>Wood @ Apr 9, 2018 -> 10:53 PM)
The IWC has turned on nakamura after last night tbf. I dont know why. I thought the match was good. One of them should have been a heel though to make the match dynamic better

I like Nakamura but I am just not entertained by his matches at all. As for NXT, I don't watch a lot but ciampa and Johnny G are incredible

QUOTE (Buehrle>Wood @ Apr 9, 2018 -> 04:53 PM)

I’m not a Nakamura fan but I thought that match was great for what it was. But, I much prefer the face/heel dynamic and enjoyed the heel turn more than the actual match. It at least gave Nakamura some character, instead of “guy who wrestles”, which is the same issue I have with Auska. She’s just this colorful person who wrestles and I just don’t get it.

QUOTE (Buehrle>Wood @ Apr 9, 2018 -> 08:40 PM)
Elias is one of the most over wrestlers of recent memory

Totally. Elias is one of my absolute favorites, and I’m sad he was sacrificed for Lashley when there are plenty of others they could have used. I felt the same about sacrificing Alexa to Ember Moon. That just tells me Alexa and Elias are going to Smackdown. :/

Way too many call-ups during this roster shakeup IMO. And head scratching ones like No Way Jose? That gimmick has a short shelf life and I see it fizzling out quickly. The WWE needs to prune that roster and cut the fat, people like Mojo and Cin Cera and a ton of other names should be cut or sent back down to NXT to make room for people that could actually do something worthwhile on the main roster. Way too overloaded now.

So as I posted above, after last night I'm calling Elias and Bliss to SD for sure.

Probably sink or swim time for No Way Jose so I get it. Yes, probably a short shelf life. Authors of pain I dont see lasting long either without ellering. Redundant with the bludgeon brothers except neither are Harper in the ring. Ember Moon will have a good place. Happy to see Bobby back. He should be upper card.

Still some more callus for tonight I'm sure.

Edited by Buehrle>Wood