**World Soxtalk Championship Wrestling Thread VI**

5 hours ago, Moan4Yoan said:

Hey all, looking to take my two boys to the Smackdown show next month on March 27th at Allstate Arena.  Any suggestion on where the best price for tickets is?  Stubhub?  And where are the best places to sit there?  Obviously not ringside because the prices are ridiculous but maybe the next closest upper level or two?

Not really a bad seat in lower section as long as you stay away from the sections to the sides of the stage.

I’d check stubhub as it gets closer. Tix will get cheap, especially with college basketball tourney that night.

1 hour ago, Brian said:

Not really a bad seat in lower section as long as you stay away from the sections to the sides of the stage.

I’d check stubhub as it gets closer. Tix will get cheap, especially with college basketball tourney that night.

Thanks for the response.  Here’s a map of Allstate Arena.  Sides of the stage?  Left and right and top and bottom sides?  Or if you can tell me some good numbered sections, it would be greatly appreciated!

D2-D783-BA-C108-4376-8-E12-9-BBBFD4-C51-

I'm going to Wrestlemania, Y'all!

The tickers were gifted to me and it's a fairly nice seat in the stadium, I'm super stoked.

Card is looking so-so, but every year I watch WM and enjoy it so i'm super thrilled to get this once in a lifetime opportunity for WM.

So far:

I'm definitely looking forward to The Fiend vs. Cena -- Even tho the WWE makes boneheaded decisions with giving up the title to Goldberg in a squash, I loved the Fiends work the past 6 months. Having him vs. Cena is a big win for me.

Outside of that I can't honestly say I'm looking super forward to any other match ups, but at the same time, I can't say that I hate too much. I only "hate" Reigns vs. Goldberg and even that is OK 'cause I know it'll be quick and action packed. Might as well put two of the guys I don't want to see in a match like this. Best case scenario.

Drew vs. Brock I'm cool with. I like Drew.

All the woman's matches are decent, but I wish they were built up better. Rhea/Shayna have a lot of work to do this upcoming month to win me over. My favorite Bayley needs  a good opponent.

21 hours ago, Moan4Yoan said:

Thanks for the response.  Here’s a map of Allstate Arena.  Sides of the stage?  Left and right and top and bottom sides?  Or if you can tell me some good numbered sections, it would be greatly appreciated!

D2-D783-BA-C108-4376-8-E12-9-BBBFD4-C51-

Stay out of the 09s and 04s. Also wouldn’t recommend 8, 9, 10.

11 hours ago, iWiN4PreP said:

I'm going to Wrestlemania, Y'all!

The tickers were gifted to me and it's a fairly nice seat in the stadium, I'm super stoked.

Card is looking so-so, but every year I watch WM and enjoy it so i'm super thrilled to get this once in a lifetime opportunity for WM.

So far:

I'm definitely looking forward to The Fiend vs. Cena -- Even tho the WWE makes boneheaded decisions with giving up the title to Goldberg in a squash, I loved the Fiends work the past 6 months. Having him vs. Cena is a big win for me.

Outside of that I can't honestly say I'm looking super forward to any other match ups, but at the same time, I can't say that I hate too much. I only "hate" Reigns vs. Goldberg and even that is OK 'cause I know it'll be quick and action packed. Might as well put two of the guys I don't want to see in a match like this. Best case scenario.

Drew vs. Brock I'm cool with. I like Drew.

All the woman's matches are decent, but I wish they were built up better. Rhea/Shayna have a lot of work to do this upcoming month to win me over. My favorite Bayley needs  a good opponent.

Have fun, man. I went to WM22 in Chicago and despite being at a ton of Stanley Cup games, a Winter Classic, Blackout game & ALCS game 2 and two NFCCG's, that was the coolest sporting event I've been to

• 6 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 4 months later...
17 hours ago, Buehrle>Wood said:

??? It was good

What was good about it? Ok, Edge vs. Rollins was good. WWE had Brock/Becky return which Brock and Reigns can have a really nice storyline, but Becky's return was *awful* as much as I love her, it was rushed due to Sasha not being available + probably CM punk causing waves forcing WWE's hand. She clearly wasn't ready to wrestle as they decided to bury Belair. 

Goldberg is horrible -- the match vs. Lashley was nowhere near as bad as some of his other recent matches, but the bar isn't goldberg matches, the bar is quality wrestling/show. That match still sucked.

All the other matches on the card that I haven't named were really, really bad. Some decent wrestling mixed in, but just bland, no storyline, and awful. Big fan of Charlotte and her work, but that match sucked (glad shes the champ tho). Alexa's match was so god awful, I really want to pop like crazy for Bliss and see her succeed, but that match made me feel the opposite. Is it just me or is Shemeaus one of the most boring wrestlers on the planet? Damian priest could win me over, but i'm not enjoying him so far. The tag match with Mysterios was boring. I like Riddle and Randy, and I'm happy that they have the belts, but that match was also pretty boring. 

First PPV I watched in well over a year, and anyone who was watching it with me decided to sleep/do other things... and I couldn't blame them. 

On a personal side, having your three main events with Cena (leaving to movies), Goldberg (always terrible, old, going away), and Edge (definitely still capable, but old and question how long he will be working) is a recipe for failure. A) it's too predictable b) their old and slower and c) I can't get behind anyone in the matches as a fan because the storyline is dead.

I went to All Out on Sunday and it was one of the best wrestling shows I have been to.  Lucha Bros/Young Bucks putting on a 5 star match.  Jericho and MJF match was also good.  Punk looked in shape and could go, which was nice to see.  

Seeing Adam Cole and Bryan Danielson come out at the end of show was just spectacular.  I didn't think we would get both in the same segment.  

Also, rumors what I saw on why Cole left WWE is that Vince wanted Cole on Smackdown to be the GM and not even wrestle....

• Like 1

On 9/7/2021 at 5:17 PM, GGajewski18 said:

I went to All Out on Sunday and it was one of the best wrestling shows I have been to.  Lucha Bros/Young Bucks putting on a 5 star match.  Jericho and MJF match was also good.  Punk looked in shape and could go, which was nice to see.  

Seeing Adam Cole and Bryan Danielson come out at the end of show was just spectacular.  I didn't think we would get both in the same segment.  

Also, rumors what I saw on why Cole left WWE is that Vince wanted Cole on Smackdown to be the GM and not even wrestle....

Hes literally ruining WWE, and unfortunately no one will do anything about it until hes gone and even then who knows.

• Like 1

On 9/10/2021 at 3:10 PM, scs787 said:

I really hope his "Doofus son in law" gets to take over. Love what he had done with NXT. 

Sad thing is now that NXT just went through their rebranding, Vince is taking over.  Also hearing that many people on NXT are set to be fired.  Ciampa, Gargano ect.

Also, difference between AEW and WWE.  AEW was in Cincinnati this past weekend and let Pillman main event that night.  Smackdown was in the MSG 1 day before 9/11.  Zelina Vega had a match scheduled and special gear made because her dad died in the twin towers.  WWE cut her match because of time constraints and she didn't even get on camera.

• Like 1

• 5 months later...

Just wanted to shout out AEW again for saving wrestling glory.

This company literally does everything I have been begging WWE to do for 8+ years. 

It's *really* not difficult to make me happy as a fan. Good storylines with nice payoffs, prestigious and credible title belts with proper divisions, letting your wrestlers be creative, producing amazing matches that don't continually repeat every week, not wasting 80% of your TV time every week on replays/repetitive matches/bad programs, etc.

Truly amazing.