How To / Site Issues / Username Changes

Chisoxfn

1 minute ago, chitownsportsfan said:

why are the ratings anonymous?  That's pretty chickeshit imo. 

And why are they a trophy, a confused face, a heart, and a laughing guy? There should be more variety. Why should someone get a positive rating for posting something confusing, anyway? 

• Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...

Would anybody like to see a little stricter moderation?  Like in the Abreu trade thread the last 5-6 posts are just off topic general FA evaluations and venting.   Maybe make a general "rant and raves" thread or "White Sox FO direction" thread and try and herd most of that conversation in there.

On 6/25/2018 at 12:48 PM, chitownsportsfan said:

Would anybody like to see a little stricter moderation?  Like in the Abreu trade thread the last 5-6 posts are just off topic general FA evaluations and venting.   Maybe make a general "rant and raves" thread or "White Sox FO direction" thread and try and herd most of that conversation in there.

I would like to see stricter moderation in general. This board has a troll problem right now and lots of the threads are getting hard to read.

Actual this is a curious topic. What are peoples views. We debate this a lot as a mod team about when to be more aggressive at potentially taking action vs. being more laid back. In general, we try to be pretty laid back (to extent people follow the rules), however from time to time, it becomes necessary to tighten moderation. Is the overwhelming view that we need to clean up things...issues specific to a certain forum?  Palehose talk or extend to filabuster?  

On 7/2/2018 at 11:01 PM, Chisoxfn said:

Actual this is a curious topic. What are peoples views. We debate this a lot as a mod team about when to be more aggressive at potentially taking action vs. being more laid back. In general, we try to be pretty laid back (to extent people follow the rules), however from time to time, it becomes necessary to tighten moderation. Is the overwhelming view that we need to clean up things...issues specific to a certain forum?  Palehose talk or extend to filabuster?  

I think everything is moderated pretty well. The only change I'd advocate for is the moderation in PHT. Most threads nowadays get derailed by the same few posters trolling about the rebuild, complaining about Reinsdorf and something he did in the 70s that nobody cares about, repeating the same arguments over and over, etc. Sure, there's a place for that, but not in practically every thread. By the way, I'm not talking about Greg, I think he's a legitimate fan and not a troll. 

• 5 weeks later...
1 hour ago, AustinIllini said:

Most reactions are just getting in the way now.  Certain troll posters are "confused posting" everything and escalating the frustration in PHT in particular.

Can't we just get "like" with no other options?

This was just done.  Agree that it got to be a distraction. All reactions are now positive.

• Love 1

• 3 years later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 8/8/2021 at 10:11 AM, GreenSox said:

When I quote something to reply to a post, and then change my mind and decide not to reply, I can't get the post that I quoted out of the posting box.  Any ideas as to how to clear it out? Thanks.

when you hover your mouse over the quoted portion do you see "crossing arrows" symbol in the top left of that box appear? Usually when I click on that it selects the whole box so it can be deleted.