Got Milb here's the rub

kitekrazy

The Baron's feed sucks.  No info on the screen as to what inning, ect.  Had to use Gameday to get a grasp.

The Milb app only works on OS 10 while MLB still works with OS 9. Developers are becoming my least favorite people.

Instead of doing something like this they could work on making the screen sizable instead of small or large. Poor design overall for $50.

Baseball during breakfast.  Baseball just to watch or listen to baseball in the morning is great.

No shortage of baseball.  Most sports are great to watch when there is no emotion attached to it.

What was really odd seeing  Jumbo Shrimp @ Barons. I thought it was an advertisement at first. 

I want one of those Baron caps. 

FWIW, at Winter Meetings, Nathan Blackmon said at his presentation that MLBAM is prioritizing working with all low-definition teams to upgrade feeds to HD.

On the other hand, MLBAM is the slowest company I've ever had the pleasure to work with/around. Everything they do comes out about three years later than they plan. Also, the new equipment must ultimately be purchased by the Barons, so if they haven't taken their feed seriously to this point, it isn't likely they'll change any time soon.

19 hours ago, kitekrazy said:

The Baron's feed sucks.  No info on the screen as to what inning, ect.  Had to use Gameday to get a grasp.

The Milb app only works on OS 10 while MLB still works with OS 9. Developers are becoming my least favorite people.

Instead of doing something like this they could work on making the screen sizable instead of small or large. Poor design overall for $50.

Baseball during breakfast.  Baseball just to watch or listen to baseball in the morning is great.

No shortage of baseball.  Most sports are great to watch when there is no emotion attached to it.

What was really odd seeing  Jumbo Shrimp @ Barons. I thought it was an advertisement at first. 

I want one of those Baron caps. 

https://www.lids.com/milb/birmingham-barons

2 hours ago, Eminor3rd said:

FWIW, at Winter Meetings, Nathan Blackmon said at his presentation that MLBAM is prioritizing working with all low-definition teams to upgrade feeds to HD.

On the other hand, MLBAM is the slowest company I've ever had the pleasure to work with/around. Everything they do comes out about three years later than they plan. Also, the new equipment must ultimately be purchased by the Barons, so if they haven't taken their feed seriously to this point, it isn't likely they'll change any time soon.

That is so White Sox.

4 hours ago, kitekrazy said:

That is so White Sox.

Eh, in this case it has very little to do with the White Sox. You have to remember that the vast majority of affiliates (including the Barons) are independently-owned businesses that are merely contractors to the MLB clubs. Unless it affects the facilities or upsets the player development squad, the MLB teams generally couldn't care less about anything the affiliate does to operate. In the case of milb.tv, MLBAM has been trying to grow the product and is essentially selling the idea that it's an important brand-builder to each of the affiliates for years now. For a handful of the larger clubs, it is, but most clubs only get a handful of viewers a night (like literally 5-10). The lion's share of that small pool of revenue goes to MLBAM, so there is very little incentive for a club like Birmingham to invest in an HD broadcasting rig that will never pay for itself. 

Most likely, it'll get upgraded when enough of the existing equipment wears out.

Edited by Eminor3rd