Our Sox vs their Sawx game #2

Just now, Jack Parkman said:

Rodon quickly reminding me why I used to think he was left-handed Javy Vazquez. 

We could always give him more than 5 innings in his first start in a year to say he's mediocre 

Just now, caulfield12 said:

If we aren’t contending then, the whole organization needs to be gutted...

It isn't that they won't be contending in 2020 per se, it is that if Rodon becomes the pitcher we all think he could be they can't afford to let him go for nothing. Sad, but reality. 

Does anyone know why Rodon wasn't announced as the starting pitcher for this game until just a couple hours before first pitch? It's was TBD for the longest time, when everyone pretty much knew he was starting today since like Sunday. They are always super secretive with Rodon, like they don't want anyone to know what his next step is.

Seems like they are playing the same game with Hansen. I don't like it.

Edited by Scoots

5 minutes ago, Heads22 said:

We could always give him more than 5 innings in his first start in a year to say he's mediocre 

No shit sherlock, I was just making an observation. He has a history of falling apart in the middle innings like Vazquez did when he was here. This was a thing in 2016-17 as well. Someone also compared him to a LHP version of Rich Harden and when he's good, that is also accurate. When he was healthy he'd only pitch 4-5 innings most starts. 

Edited by Jack Parkman

1 minute ago, Scoots said:

Does anyone know why Rodon wasn't announced as the starting pitcher for this game until just a couple hours before first pitch? It's was TBD for the longest time, when everyone pretty much knew he was starting today since like Sunday. They are always super secretive with Rodon, like they don't want anyone to know what his next step is.

Seems like they are playing the same game with Hansen. I don't like it.

It's because he wasn't on the active roster, the same would've been done for any player 

97pitches probably done.  Ok return.  Two of the runs unearned.  Take them away and we probably say looked great and he might have pitched the sixth.  I hope as our guys gain experience, they also improve on d.  The little things win championships.

5 minutes ago, Jack Parkman said:

No shit sherlock, I was just making an observation. He has a history of falling apart in the middle innings like Vazquez did when he was here. This was a thing in 2016-17 as well. Someone also compared him to a LHP version of Rich Harden and when he's good, that is also accurate. When he was healthy he'd only pitch 4-5 innings most starts. 

Someone needs to relax..... 

3 minutes ago, JoshPR said:

Someone needs to relax..... 

Now that I know he's still got the stuff, I expect the guy to perform. I understand it is his first start in over a year that he is healthy. I can't talk about his performance in 2016-17 and what he needs to improve on? Again, I'm kinda salty that management has wasted 3 lefties with great stuff. (Sale, Quintana, Rodon) Frustrated that I can't enjoy him pitching in games that matter. 

Edited by Jack Parkman

13 minutes ago, Jack Parkman said:

Now that I know he's still got the stuff, I expect the guy to perform. I understand it is his first start in over a year that he is healthy. I can't talk about his performance in 2016-17 and what he needs to improve on? Again, I'm kinda salty that management has wasted 3 lefties with great stuff. (Sale, Quintana, Rodon) Frustrated that I can't enjoy him pitching in games that matter. 

It is what it is...😕

8 minutes ago, JoshPR said:

It is what it is...😕

I know, I've already accepted it. I just hope they get more for him than the Pirates did for Gerrit Cole. Hopefully they will just because he throws with his left hand. In any event, going to be frustrating watching him turn into an ace for another team. Imagine how Pirates fans feel watching Cole light it up for the Astros this year.I'm a pitching junkie too, so it hurts more for me. My favorite thing to watch in baseball is great pitchers being great. ☹️

Edited by Jack Parkman

3 minutes ago, Jack Parkman said:

I know, I've already accepted it. I just hope they get more for him than the Pirates did for Gerrit Cole. Hopefully they will just because he throws with his left hand. In any event, going to be frustrating watching him turn into an ace for another team. Imagine how Pirates fans feel watching Cole light it up for the Astros this year.I'm a pitching junkie too, so it hurts more for me.  ☹️

Cole has MUCH better control...he’s more likely to end up another version of F.Liriano, as much promise/potential as results.

40 minutes ago, caulfield12 said:

Cole has MUCH better control...he’s more likely to end up another version of F.Liriano, as much promise/potential as results.

Rodon had the best control he's had in a long long time today. 

Edited by Jack Parkman

• Kyyle23 locked and unpinned this topic