2018-2019 Official NBA thread

Young teams stink for a long time. I said it a long time ago, tanking won't be fun and it isn't easy, but I still believe they are collecting assets, but I'm less optimstic with Lauri not looking as good (not changing my long-term view on him yet and look forward to a larger sample size). I still actually kind of like Boylen too and have zero issue with his move with Wendell.  I'm not going to rehash the whole blow it up arguments either, they went for a rebuild and it takes time. Young teams lose...period. There really aren't many exceptions to that in NBA history. 

Hell, look at OKC with Durant. They won 43 games in Durant's 1st two yeas (and that included a second year with Westbrook).  I won't even talk about Philly.  The Golden State Warriors (yes that dynasty with Curry) won 29, 26, 36, and 23 during Curry's 1st 4 seasons. I won't even get into Philly and the "process" and how long that took.  

Who goes next? Parker or Rolo?  I hope Blakeney isn't far behind. No more Payne and Holliday is good. I don't have anything against Holiday but I look forward to getting more minutes to Hutch (for developmental purposes). Plus Holidays takes too many shots away from Lavine / Dunn / WCJ.  He actually is a solid 3&D guy.  

8 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

Was Butler always an arrogant douche or did this happen over time?

I think when he was first drafted he channeled it in other ways. He's genuinely one player who became an all star by working harder than everyone else - when he had to do that, he was channeling this energy into making himself better. Once he arrived and became that good of a player, he started realizing that the people around him wouldn't go to the levels he did, and that started leading to him becoming more outwardly demanding.

28 minutes ago, Balta1701 said:

I think when he was first drafted he channeled it in other ways. He's genuinely one player who became an all star by working harder than everyone else - when he had to do that, he was channeling this energy into making himself better. Once he arrived and became that good of a player, he started realizing that the people around him wouldn't go to the levels he did, and that started leading to him becoming more outwardly demanding.

I would replace "outwardly demanding" with "a saboteur".  This is now three separate situations where he has caused issues, we can't blame GarPax for this anymore