De Niro at the Tony Awards? My Gosh

greg775

So Robert De Niro of all people throws a fit at the Tony Awards and on national TV says "F--k Trump" twice and the crowd goes berserk and gives a standing ovation. How is this acceptable behavior? No reprimand from the network yet?

What if some awards presenter screamed, "I've been meaning to get this off my chest ... F--k Hillary and F--k Obama!" My guess is that person would be blacklisted forever from Hollywood. What is with the temper tantrum Mr. De Niro? And what is with no backlash, no reprimands, only a standing ovation and the only criticism is from Trumpie kooks on Twitter.

DeNiro was out of line and should be banned from all shows on CBS forevermore. And you know the producers of the Tony's and CBS knew he was going to say something radical in having him on the show. He's done it before. How is this healthy? More devisiveness and negativity at the fricking Tony Awards?? Mr. De Niro and his family should be ashamed. A little baby temper tantrum against the evil Donald Trump. So the left approves so no Roseanne-like reprimands? Weird and sad.

Can any Soxtalker condone this behavior? It is unacceptable.

Edited by greg775

You were probably a hell of a hall monitor in school.

Don't act like Obama wasn't heckled anywhere, including during his own State of the Union.

He wasn't being politically correct!

Edited by Brian

To call those standing up in defense of marginalized people whom the Trump administration is systematically attacking "divisiveness and negativity" is... well... an interesting way of looking at it.

That said, I think when liberals do this they're shooting themselves in the foot, since it plays right into Trump's base and strategy, as we're seeing here with greg.

29 minutes ago, Reddy said:

To call those standing up in defense of marginalized people whom the Trump administration is systematically attacking "divisiveness and negativity" is... well... an interesting way of looking at it.

That said, I think when liberals do this they're shooting themselves in the foot, since it plays right into Trump's base and strategy, as we're seeing here with greg.

I'm talking about human decency, nothing else. A big bad old movie star saying F--K on TV and not getting in trouble. And a whole arena standing and applauding. So all those adults in the crowd ... are you OK with your 12 year old son copying Bobby DeNiro and as valedictorian start your speech with F--K Trump!! Are school officials OK with this in the valedictorian speeches? Why not? He got a standing ovation on TV and NO REPRIMANDS at all cept from the Trumpie kooks on Twitter. Sickening behavior.

Just now, greg775 said:

I'm talking about human decency, nothing else. A big bad old movie star saying F--K on TV and not getting in trouble. And a whole arena standing and applauding. So all those adults in the crowd ... are you OK with your 12 year old son copying Bobby DeNiro and as valedictorian start your speech with F--K Trump!! Are school officials OK with this in the valedictorian speeches? Why not? He got a standing ovation on TV and NO REPRIMANDS at all cept from the Trumpie kooks on Twitter. Sickening behavior.

I dont care about swear words. They are meaningless. I could say something far more horrific with words that are "okay" to be used in police society. 

10 minutes ago, greg775 said:

Are you OK with your kids grabbing girls by the pussy?

2 minutes ago, StrangeSox said:

greg, I thought you were all anti-PC and loved guys who "tell it like it is"?

There is a difference between "telling it like it is" aka racist, etc and having a potty mouth.

One is okay, one is really really bad. 

31 minutes ago, StrangeSox said:

greg, I thought you were all anti-PC and loved guys who "tell it like it is"?

I actually worship De Niro. Love his movies! Fockers stuff is funny and the early stuff. Love him. But ... this sets a bad example for kids. On TV saying F--K is not good.

I actually worship De Niro. Love his movies! Fockers stuff is funny and the early stuff. Love him. But ... this sets a bad example for kids. On TV saying F--K is not good.

Sooooo your thoughts on Donald?

We all knew who the starter of this thread would be when this happened last night, and I bet most of us could paraphrase what that poster would write.....

• Like 2

59 minutes ago, Reddy said:

Sooooo your thoughts on Donald?

My thoughts on De Niro: Great great actor. Can do drama and comedy equally. Even have enjoyed him on talk shows. But should now be banned from all appearances at awards shows and on CBS. Unacceptable language for kids.

My thoughts on Trump: a.) One of the most egotistical individuals to ever walk the planet. b.) The kind of guy you would NEVER EVER want to work for or socialize with. c.) Somebody who you can tell does not relate or like the middle class and below. Has no concern about anybody below his social/economic status. d.) I hate to call him evil or not a good person, but I think my gut feeling of his not being a good person is a true synopsis of him. e.) totally self centered; cares about his own wallet and his own pleasure (the Stormy thing; other things with women) more than anything else. Now he may care about his family and the USA, but definitely after his wallet and own pleasure. Kind of like all rich guys. ... I hope I'm forgiven for saying he appears to not be a good person.

That said ... I am against constant public blasting of Trump by folks on TV and folks in Hollywood. I can root for the economy to improve under his leadership, yes I can. However his disdain for proper health care for me and all Americans who are not rich makes me follow only one politician for 2020: Bernie Sanders. Finally my new hero, along with Jesse Ventura (and Bernie of course), is Joe Rogan. I like his interviews.

p.s. You may hate me and what I stand for, but I contend I'm more open than most on here. I am a Republican but I voted for Obama once. I love Bill Clinton and Jimmy Carter and did not vote for Trump. I'd say I am independent but hate to give myself that title.

Edited by greg775

4 hours ago, southsider2k5 said:

Just because Trump has said bad stuff doesn't mean others should do the same. Foul language is not good in the presence of kids IMO.

7 hours ago, southsider2k5 said:

It's funny how Trump has made it that two wrongs DO make a right. Just cause Trump is an awful individual, it's suddenly become OK for others to do the same.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, LittleHurt05 said:

It's funny how Trump has made it that two wrongs DO make a right. Just cause Trump is an awful individual, it's suddenly become OK for others to do the same.

People say I repeat myself on here, but that's life. Think of ALL the pundits who day after day after day say the SAME things about Trump. We get it. He blows. Now get him impeached or lay off.

23 hours ago, greg775 said:

People say I repeat myself on here, but that's life. Think of ALL the pundits who day after day after day say the SAME things about Trump. We get it. He blows. Now get him impeached or lay off.

Not how it works.

• 2 weeks later...

Well, this story had its 20 minutes of fame and is gone. Hmmm ... the celebrities who have had their careers end over dumb Tweets and statements must be sighing at De Niro not only surviving this but being congratulated for it. Blasting out the F bomb over Trump on TV and a live audience and it wasn't even bleeped in Australia. Yet he's beloved for his stance because it was against Trump. So if Hillary had been president and a celeb said, "F--k Hillary" imagine the outrage.