White Sox vs Indians

Heads22

Does anyone know if the White Sox have an in-house sports psychologist on staff?

I know that is an area that the Cubs have invested heavily in but I wonder if the Sox have done the same. 

I ask because Lucas Giolito is a massive headcase seems like

Incredibly frustrated by his inconsistency. Not gonna be convinced by a start or two that he’s turned a corner. He’s gonna need a lot for me to believe he’s not just an inning away from forgetting it all and falling apart.

People wanted Moncada to cut his K's. Well, he WAS doing that and then his BB% decreased significantly as well. Now his K's are going back up and his BB rate is staying down. I miss the high BB, high K guy we saw earlier but hey.. we know he has to fail a bit first.

Edited by SoxAce

48 minutes ago, Kalapse said:

Gio just loses his release point so consistently, it feels like they should be able to find the hitch in his delivery that's causing it. 

He just has no muscle memory.  He can't repeat on a regular basis without something falling out of whack.

Nothing will take the air out of the rebuild like key pieces looking absolutely awful. ReLo has been impressive but we need for of the big boys to step it up before this season winds down. It's frustrating because the talent is there, but positive signs need to take place. 

Just now, SonofaRoache said:

Nothing will take the air out of the rebuild like key pieces looking absolutely awful. ReLo has been impressive but we need for of the big boys to step it up before this season winds down. It's frustrating because the talent is there, but positive signs need to take place. 

Yep, if Yoan doesn't turn into an above average player, then Hahn and the development team should be heavily criticized

5 minutes ago, fathom said:

Yep, if Yoan doesn't turn into an above average player, then Hahn and the development team should be heavily criticized

Kyle freaking Schwarber is worth almost double the WAR than Moncada. The kid was overhyped from day one and there is a reason why Boston let him go. He will never be a superstar if he keeps striking out 40% of the time. 

1 minute ago, tlongo81@gmail.com said:

Kyle freaking Schwarber is worth almost double the WAR than Moncada. The kid was overhyped from day one and there is a reason why Boston let him go. He will never be a superstar if he keeps striking out 40% of the time. 

Problem isn't the strikeout totals right now. It's the lack of extra base hits and walks.

14 minutes ago, tlongo81@gmail.com said:

You guys are overreacting re. Moncada. I know greg repeats himself a lot, but Moncada is the real deal. He's got the weapons (tools) for sure. Why does he struggle? Maybe cause it's hard to 100 percent be there every night when each game means nothing. Relax. Rate him and Timmy when the games matter. Let him play ball now and enjoy the highlights. He's the real deal. Who cares how he does now? He's still gonna have enuf great games he'll have the numbers at the end.

Benetti is unbearable sometimes. He's like a toddler always asking "why". The idea of starting each atbat with a small strike zone and expanding it with each pitch is flat out dumb and when Stone shot the idea down, of course Benetti had to ask why. :lol:

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Insp said:

Why do the Sox play so much worse at home than on the road?

To be fair, we're not exactly great on the road either. It's just a bad team. Coop has prevented it from being a total disaster cause the pitching has been a bit better of late.

1 minute ago, greg775 said:

You guys are overreacting re. Moncada. I know greg repeats himself a lot, but Moncada is the real deal. He's got the weapons (tools) for sure. Why does he struggle? Maybe cause it's hard to 100 percent be there every night when each game means nothing. Relax. Rate him and Timmy when the games matter. Let him play ball now and enjoy the highlights. He's the real deal. Who cares how he does now? He's still gonna have enuf great games he'll have the numbers at the end.

Greg, this may surprise you but I agree with you 100%. Good post!

Edited by BlackSox13
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, BlackSox13 said:

Benetti is unbearable sometimes. He's like a toddler always asking "why". The idea of starting each atbat with a small strike zone and expanding it with each pitch is flat out dumb and when Stone shot the idea down, of course Benetti had to ask why. :lol:

Did he at least attribute the ideas to Elam/Passan or just bring it up randomly as a solution to pace of play?