Do the White Sox have too much starting pitching?

Dam8610

11 minutes ago, Tnetennba said:

I was gonna ask if this thread was a joke until I saw the date.  Yeah no, you can never have too much starting pitching.  As evidenced now, when they basically have one good starter and quite literally nothing in the upper minors ready to help. 

it's funny because this thread was ratio'd from the jump.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Bob Sacamano said:

And if his boss doesn’t allow him to spend that on one player?

Hey that’s a reasonable complaint but that certainly didn’t absolve Hahn of all of the blame on this site.  It gave him a little breathing room while TLR was parading the dugout, that’s all

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, LittleHurtCG said:

The search feature on this site doesn't work well but Southsider2k5 is your answer. 

Lotta OGs not around much anymore. As much as I tussled with him it's sad to see Ray mostly gone as well. Same with Parkman. I'm mostly just s%*# posting. There's really nothing to talk about other than how much they suck. There isn't really one interesting playing on the roster. If there are some in the minors, they will inevitably fail to develop under this coaching and development staff.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, chitownsportsfan said:

Lotta OGs not around much anymore. As much as I tussled with him it's sad to see Ray mostly gone as well. Same with Parkman. I'm mostly just s%*# posting. There's really nothing to talk about other than how much they suck. There isn't really one interesting playing on the roster. If there are some in the minors, they will inevitably fail to develop under this coaching and development staff.

How long does one need to be around to be an OG? does '06 count?

6 minutes ago, TitoMB345 said:

How long does one need to be around to be an OG? does '06 count?

Lol when you have been around for >90% of the life of the site I would say you are indeed an OG

• Love 1

43 minutes ago, chitownsportsfan said:

Well also a lot of the regular posters and longtime members that are still active are old as hell now. I was 25 when I joined this board, now 41, and I think I'm probably in the younger quartile of members on here. All parts of this board used to be active well after midnight, now everyone's in bed by 9 pm

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, lostfan said:

Well also a lot of the regular posters and longtime members that are still active are old as hell now. I was 25 when I joined this board, now 41, and I think I'm probably in the younger quartile of members on here. All parts of this board used to be active well after midnight, now everyone's in bed by 9 pm

Yea dude. I was like 22 when I joined. Just turned 40.

6 hours ago, Kyyle23 said:

People here were still very skeptical when they didn’t spend like they promised and did the “‘money will be spent”

there was no walking on water on this site.  Defending him sure but the dude was not gonna be the next Theo until he actually won something.  People were excited that it seemed we were gonna turn the corner for sure though 

I think you’ve confused it with ChicagoFanatics, who were always skeptics and most were always hilarious when doing so.

4 minutes ago, FloydBannister1983 said:

I think you’ve confused it with ChicagoFanatics, who were always skeptics and most were always hilarious when doing so.

No I have been an admin here for a long time, im sure that this site still was very suspicious of him pulling off the rebuild 

The threads after Hahn won executive of the year were incredible.

Hahn extended than fired Ricky after 63 games, signed Parrot and Mazara, bid against himself for four years on the Keuchel and Grandal deals, and was down to two starting pitchers to pitch in Oakland after a grueling 60 game season.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, South Side Hit Men said:

The threads after Hahn won executive of the year were incredible.

Hahn extended than fired Ricky after 63 games, signed Parrot and Mazara, bid against himself for four years on the Keuchel and Grandal deals, and was down to two starting pitchers to pitch in Oakland after a grueling 60 game season.

The irony there is that both Dunning and Cease have actually done pretty well since that point in time, but the front office, fans and Renteria had no confidence in either...and then Renteria was 6 months too early having confidence in Carlos Rodon in a key relief role.

• Hawk 1

12 minutes ago, FloydBannister1983 said:

I remember a thread where people were drooling about how swole Kopech and Jimenez were and were jerking each other off over the theee future Hall of Famers Jimenez and Roberts and Moncada.

Hey, they never gave us an opportunity to develop a healthy prospects skepticism before. Gave us a bunch if new toys all at once we hadn’t seen the likes of since Big Frank, and we assumed. We’re catching up. Colas had us mildly interested. If the Sox had any new ones to show us we should be ready to 💩 on them when the time comes 😂 

• Haha 1