Sox @ Tigers 8/14 6:10 PM CT WGN

Jose Abreu

I think everyone should just take a deep breath when it comes to  Giolito, Lopez and even Covey ad well as Moncada It seems the expectations are alway a twenty game winner if a .300 plus hitter  in their first season or two. They  have the talent and they just need to gain experience 

Giolito is missing tons of bats lately. That is a really good sign. He misses way more bats than than Lopez since he got his delivery straight. The curve has also reappeared. Look for him to have a big final 6 weeks. If he can fix the first 2 inning bugaboo I think he'll be a solid #2-3 at least. If people think that Lopez has more potential than Giolito they're nuts. 

Edited by Jack Parkman

Just now, elrockinMT said:

I think everyone should just take a deep breath when it comes to  Giolito, Lopez and even Covey ad well as Moncada It seems the expectations are alway a twenty game winner if a .300 plus hitter  in their first season or two. They  have the talent and they just need to gain experience 

I agree with Giolito and Moncada, disagree with Lopez and Covey. 

Just now, caulfield12 said:

Lopez might be better suited as a closer...but he will get at least one more year starting.

Covey to the bullpen as well, obviously.

What offspeed junque is Lopez supposed to use to get hitters off his fastball? He has nothing. His stuff absolutely won't play in the bullpen. It is starting or mopup for him. 

2 minutes ago, caulfield12 said:

He has to put things together for at least a half season before we can declare anything resembling a win...so let’s see where Giolito’s velocity is to start next season.  Then we’ll know the mechanical changes are taking.

I don't disagree, but it is still way too early for him. Ideally he would have been fixing his issues in Charlotte, but the options issue got in the way of that. 

18 minutes ago, Jack Parkman said:

Giolito is missing tons of bats lately. That is a really good sign. He misses way more bats than than Lopez since he got his delivery straight. The curve has also reappeared. Look for him to have a big final 6 weeks. If he can fix the first 2 inning bugaboo I think he'll be a solid #2-3 at least. If people think that Lopez has more potential than Giolito they're nuts. 

I must be nuts then, because I think Lopez has more potential than Giolito.