Kopech called up

Buehrle>Wood

4 minutes ago, Tony said:

Surprised, but the fan in me is excited to have a reason to watch on Tuesday. 

Agreed, it's exciting to watch him but can't help wonder why this wasn't done a few weeks ago?  Giving up that extra year for 6-7 starts this year seems like a bad business decision.

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, reiks12 said:

Guess dont dont want to gamble on wasting his arm down there for the extra year

I feel like he is the type of guy that wouldn't respond well to being kept down just for another year of control. It would probably hurt any chance we had of keeping him after the control as well as his mentality towards the team overall. 

I think Eloy might be different where he understands it more and would be more likely to agree to an early extension anyway, so I want to keep him down for the extra year. 

This is exciting, already trying to get the day off work.

There has to be a way for them to manipulate the clock to get an extra year. Can’t they ‘keep him down’ next year to open the season to limit his days on the ML roster? I think the Dodgers did something similar with Walker Buehler, sending him to AAA and putting him on the DL. 

• Like 1

Wondering who gets sent down to Charlotte or moved up to Charlotte. I'm hoping Shields gets traded and Cease bumped to Charlotte for the last few weeks of the Milb season.

Anyway, looking forward to watching Kopech's debut Tuesday night against the Twinkies.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Joshua Strong said:

This is exciting, already trying to get the day off work.

There has to be a way for them to manipulate the clock to get an extra year. Can’t they ‘keep him down’ next year to open the season to limit his days on the ML roster? I think the Dodgers did something similar with Walker Buehler, sending him to AAA and putting him on the DL. 

Yeah they keep him down next year the same amount of days.  He comes up Tuesday, goes back down the next day.  It delays his arrival next year by one day.  

16 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

Huh.  Not sure about the timing, but ok.

Literally the day I change my tune on this and believe Hahn is thinking big picture, they forgoe a season of control for a handful of starts in a meaningless season.  I’m super excited to see Kopech up with the big league team, but boy does this decision feel bittersweet.

1 minute ago, Chicago White Sox said:

Literally the day I change my tune on this and believe Hahn is thinking big picture, they forgoe a season of control for a handful of starts in a meaningless season.  I’m super excited to see Kopech up with the big league team, but boy does this decision feel bittersweet.

+2

1 minute ago, Jack Parkman said:

Also, Shields was scheduled Tuesday so I think there is something to Shields being dealt. 

If Shields being dealt was a must before Kopech was called up then Hahn is an idiot. You bullpen or DFA shields and give Kopech starts right after the trade deadline. 

• Like 2