8/20 Sox at Twins, 6:10

flavum

• bmags pinned this topic
7 minutes ago, justBLAZE said:

Are they going to get this game in? Looks like rain in the forecast.

Thinking about getting tickets to Tuesday's game so hoping for no rainout here.

Looks like the game will get in. Rain should be out of the Twin Cities around game time.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, justBLAZE said:

Are they going to get this game in? Looks like rain in the forecast.

Thinking about getting tickets to Tuesday's game so hoping for no rainout here.

Even if it were rained out, how would Tuesday's game be affected since they're in different cities? Wouldn't they just reschedule this one again and play the two Chicago games as scheduled? 

13 minutes ago, Jose Abreu said:

Even if it were rained out, how would Tuesday's game be affected since they're in different cities? Wouldn't they just reschedule this one again and play the two Chicago games as scheduled? 

Exactly. They play a series at the end of the season in Minny. Can just make a day a double header. Easy to do with the expanded rosters.

25 minutes ago, Jose Abreu said:

The only thing it could screw up are those who bought tickets to see Kopech pitch. I doubt they would just skip Giolito. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, justBLAZE said:

DOH! I din't realize today's game was IN Minny, sorry yall.

Ha still relevant as the other poster said that it is going to rain in Minny. And the main concern for tomorrow's game is seeing Kopech, which could be delayed a day with a rain out today. Personally I didn't even think anything of it lol

Edited by soxfan2014
  • Like 1

I highly doubt Sox would push the Kopech start back another day if tonight is rained out.  Thousands of tickets have been sold for tomorrow since the announcement. Also, another day off for Yoan.  Wonder if they're protecting him from strikeout record?

2 minutes ago, fathom said:

I highly doubt Sox would push the Kopech start back another day if tonight is rained out.  Thousands of tickets have been sold for tomorrow since the announcement. Also, another day off for Yoan.  Wonder if they're protecting him from strikeout record?

Gonsalves is a lefty so... Ricky probably thinking it's better Moncada sits out even though he needs the development and the guy is making his ML debut...