**Movies that we Watch** Thread

Brian

• 2 weeks later...

Does anyone else use Plex or something similar? Big fan and been building out my library but sort of coming to a wall where I just don't know what else to add. Anyone got any good personal lists of favorite movies or their collections? 

Actually looking forward to Godzilla vs. King Kong.

The human action, shockingly...was pedestrian, but the action sequences really make up for it.

One of those movies you score 3 1/2 out of 5, but entertaining and so much better than the last Godzilla reboot.   

Edited by caulfield12
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
5 minutes ago, Kyyle23 said:

Godzilla vs Kong is fun as hell.  Kaiju fight Kaiju, get out of the way puny people 

Still think the first Pacific Rim was far better...at least I didn’t play on my phone when Idris Elba was overacting in a good way as Stacker Pentecost in 2013.   Just a few days later, I can hardly recall any of the human characters in Godzilla.

1 minute ago, caulfield12 said:

Still think the first Pacific Rim was far better...at least I didn’t play on my phone when Idris Elba was overacting in a good way as Stacker Pentecost in 2013.   Just a few days later, I can hardly recall any of the human characters in Godzilla.

Well I think that's the point.  The focus of Pacific Rim is the humans existing with those Kaiju, the focus of GvK is the Kaiju.  I don't care about any of the human characters in the Godzilla movies tbh

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Kyyle23 said:

Godzilla vs Kong is fun as hell.  Kaiju fight Kaiju, get out of the way puny people 

interesting. Every godzilla reboot i've watched has been terrible, and every king kong film I've watched has been terrible. But put them together

1 minute ago, Kyyle23 said:

Seems to work 

7BFAADC3-6F6A-43C7-B65B-FAE8AED05D46.png

It's times like these I miss the 90s. We are missing out on a music video of lil nas x dancing in between fighting kaijus.

I have been interested in doing those "rent a theater" things at amc, maybe this is the movie for it. Not renting out a theatre for "first cow".

1 minute ago, bmags said:

It's times like these I miss the 90s. We are missing out on a music video of lil nas x dancing in between fighting kaijus.

I have been interested in doing those "rent a theater" things at amc, maybe this is the movie for it. Not renting out a theatre for "first cow".

I have read that those rentals are far more affordable than you would expect

on a side note to your first point, it's funny how those soundtracks were SO important to movies in the 90s.  If you had a meh movie with an awesome soundtrack, you could still pull in big money at the box office

11 minutes ago, Kyyle23 said:

on a side note to your first point, it's funny how those soundtracks were SO important to movies in the 90s.  If you had a meh movie with an awesome soundtrack, you could still pull in big money at the box office

Top Gun.

The theme song for the first Rambo sounds hokey and dated, then it starts to stick with you.

Footloose, Purple Rain, Beverly Hills Cop, Less Than Zero, Dirty Dancing and Electric Dreams all stand out.  Weird Science, another.

5 minutes ago, caulfield12 said:

Top Gun.

The theme song for the first Rambo sounds hokey and dated, then it starts to stick with you.

Footloose, Purple Rain, Beverly Hills Cop, Less Than Zero, Dirty Dancing and Electric Dreams all stand out.  Weird Science, another.

I mean, those movies I feel were actually good for the most part.  Not Oscar winners of course but weird science top gun footloose etc, who didn't like those movies in the 80s and 90s?

movies I'm thinking of are like the sequel to the Crow, Escape from LA, GO, Godzilla

20 minutes ago, Kyyle23 said:

My first cd was the flintstones movie soundtrack. I remember my brother begging to see judgment night because the soundtrack lol. Probably got it thru columbia house.

12 minutes ago, caulfield12 said:

Top Gun.

If Lucy Fell had one one of the best soundtracks from Marry Me Jane. Soundtrack was better than the movie.

40 minutes ago, caulfield12 said:

The first 2 Godzilla movies focused too much on the human characters so I think it's fine that they lose focus in this one.

On 3/18/2021 at 1:36 PM, Kyyle23 said:

Just finished watching Snyder's Justice League.  It's a better movie than the first attempt but still Snyder can't get out of his own fucking way

I actually liked it a lot, but I also went into it expecting to hate watch the most incoherent piece of shit ever made. 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, bmags said:

My first cd was the flintstones movie soundtrack. I remember my brother begging to see judgment night because the soundtrack lol. Probably got it thru columbia house.

Judgement Night one of the OG Collaboration albums

6 minutes ago, mqr said:

I actually liked it a lot, but I also went into it expecting to hate watch the most incoherent piece of shit ever made. 

I didn't hate it like I thought I would, but I am Hoping that WB is truly done with the Snyderverse 

4 minutes ago, Rowand44 said:

Ya, add me to the Godzilla v Kong movie was fun as hell bandwagon.  As Kyle said, couldn't care less about humans at all in these type of movies and they did a good job of keeping with monster fights monster vibe.

I loved it, but here are my two biggest complaints.

- To get to the Hollowed Earth they needed a special ship to travel through a black hole located in Antarctica. Minutes later, Godzilla just blasts a hole through the earth and they just come up through there. WTF?!?

- Mechagodzilla was dispatched way too quick IMO. I think he should have gotten maybe 5-10 more minutes of screen time. Was very pleased with how he looked and the fight scenes with him even so.

7 minutes ago, manbearpuig said:

I loved Skull Island. But I agree with the last 2 Godzillas.

It took a little while for King of the Monsters to get to it,  but when he went supernova it was pretty bad ass.  I also think Ghidorah was pretty awesome.  It's too bad we didn't get more Charles Dance in GvK

• Like 1

Just now, T R U said:

I loved it, but here are my two biggest complaints.

- To get to the Hollowed Earth they needed a special ship to travel through a black hole located in Antarctica. Minutes later, Godzilla just blasts a hole through the earth and they just come up through there. WTF?!?

- Mechagodzilla was dispatched way too quick IMO. I think he should have gotten maybe 5-10 more minutes of screen time. Was very pleased with how he looked and the fight scenes with him even so.

😂 totally agree.  And he just knew where to blast straight down to get to Kong also