2019 Catch-All

bmags

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Long story short, I *just* got the rest of the money owed me from my job (i.e., the government) thanks to the shutdown. I only got half a check for the Christmas/New Year paycheck plus like 48 hours of OT and paid holidays. That was a LOT of money just kind of hanging out there.

12 minutes ago, lostfan said:

Long story short, I *just* got the rest of the money owed me from my job (i.e., the government) thanks to the shutdown. I only got half a check for the Christmas/New Year paycheck plus like 48 hours of OT and paid holidays. That was a LOT of money just kind of hanging out there.

Glad to hear it finally happened. 

https://www.cwbchicago.com/2019/02/smollett-two-others-in-active.html

The Jussie Smollet story is so strange. Gets weirder and weirder by the day. First it was a grinder date gone bad. Now the whole thing was possibly staged.

Why on earth would this guy make this up (attention?) and then double down on it by going on national TV? Like he wouldn't get caught?  He better be charged for wasting CPD time and filing a false report if this story ends up being true.

1 hour ago, Jenksismyhero said:

https://www.cwbchicago.com/2019/02/smollett-two-others-in-active.html

The Jussie Smollet story is so strange. Gets weirder and weirder by the day. First it was a grinder date gone bad. Now the whole thing was possibly staged.

Why on earth would this guy make this up (attention?) and then double down on it by going on national TV? Like he wouldn't get caught?  He better be charged for wasting CPD time and filing a false report if this story ends up being true.

ABC7 also reporting attack was staged. He wanted to stay in the spotlight since he was being written out of the show.

I can't stop brewing. I have a problem.

I did the Belgian white first which came out great (should've started with something easier though). Then I made a batch of pinot grigio, which was good but I didn't do a good job of separating it from the sediment so I ended up wasting about 3-4 bottles worth. Gave a bottle to each of my neighbors then got wasted trying to wait for my guests to arrive to my birthday party I was hosting. People started giving me equipment, so I made like 3 small batches of wine, some pinot noir, and some blueberry fruit wine. Now I really want to make some mead and sake but everything is sitting in the fermenters and carboys I have so I've got nothing left to use lol.

LOL, you've got the homebrew bug that's for sure.  My brother does beer, mead, fruit liquors, and sake.  

Have you joined a local homebrew club or go to any of the National Homebrew conferences?  My brother loves doing that, and honestly those conferences seem like a blast as it's just non-stop drinking and they get a ton of micro-brew companies to sponsor stuff.

On 2/6/2019 at 11:54 AM, southsider2k5 said:

After two years of entering the lottery, I finally won tickets to see Hamilton in Chicago.  I have been before, but I am so freaking excited to see it again, and finally in the $500 seats (for $10 each), which I haven't done.

How is it sitting in the balcony for that show?  I was thinking about finally ponying up for some tickets.  Is it worth it to spend $150+ to sit up there?

48 minutes ago, LittleHurt05 said:

How is it sitting in the balcony for that show?  I was thinking about finally ponying up for some tickets.  Is it worth it to spend $150+ to sit up there?

The balcony can be rough.  Don't sit on the sides or past the first few rows and you should be OK.  If you are too far back, the front of the stage can get cut out of view.  What I would do is try to find  Wednesday afternoon show if you can.

Also if you are able to go on a day's notice, download the app and enter the lottery daily.  Those tickets are only $10 and outstanding seats.

• Thanks 1

• knightni locked and unpinned this topic