2019 Catch-All

bmags

On 2/27/2019 at 11:26 AM, bigruss said:

LOL, you've got the homebrew bug that's for sure.  My brother does beer, mead, fruit liquors, and sake.  

Have you joined a local homebrew club or go to any of the National Homebrew conferences?  My brother loves doing that, and honestly those conferences seem like a blast as it's just non-stop drinking and they get a ton of micro-brew companies to sponsor stuff.

I just now saw this response, lol

I made 2 batches of sake back in the spring. That stuff is really picky because the temperature really can't be higher than ~50 degrees, so it's a window of about 6 weeks where my garage is that temp range before it starts getting too hot/cold. But it's great, and I prefer the unfiltered nigorizake (I leave it yellow rather than filtering or clearing it, doesn't affect the flavor). Since then, long story short I was in the bottom of a depression spiral back in February and that was something I did to pass the time. I've got Sauvignon Blanc, Malbec, Moscato, Amarone, plum wine, mead, acerglyn (maple syrup), peach ice wine, Riesling ice wine... gonna make some Rose soon and try to make sparkling mead. Some of these are ready to drink more or less as soon as you bottle them but some of them need months to settle.

On 9/14/2019 at 6:21 PM, BackDoorBreach said:

Gas prices likely to rise due to the attack in Saudi Arabia.

On 9/14/2019 at 7:08 PM, BackDoorBreach said:

Also Hamza bin Laden killed, likely by CIA in Pakistan.

FYI -

News is allowed, but politics are no longer allowed.

• 4 weeks later...

I was returning from a road trip today, and I guess I shouldn't be surprised at how bad some people drive. But, man is it frustrating when you are on a two lane highway, and you have to go into the oncoming lane to pass the car in front of you. On more than one occasion, I was behind someone who, as soon as my opportunity to go around them came, would speed up. So, they'd be going 62 in a 65 zone, I get behind them, and as soon as I'd get my window of opportunity to get around them, they'd speed up to 68. 

I was behind this one car for miles. This guy perfected the random speed up/slow down/speed up and ping ponging from the left side of the lane to the right and back again. I swear bad drivers added 30-40 minutes to my 450 mile trip.

On 10/11/2019 at 12:05 AM, Middle Buffalo said:

I was returning from a road trip today, and I guess I shouldn't be surprised at how bad some people drive. But, man is it frustrating when you are on a two lane highway, and you have to go into the oncoming lane to pass the car in front of you. On more than one occasion, I was behind someone who, as soon as my opportunity to go around them came, would speed up. So, they'd be going 62 in a 65 zone, I get behind them, and as soon as I'd get my window of opportunity to get around them, they'd speed up to 68. 

I was behind this one car for miles. This guy perfected the random speed up/slow down/speed up and ping ponging from the left side of the lane to the right and back again. I swear bad drivers added 30-40 minutes to my 450 mile trip.

It really is terrible driving on 2 lane highways. I know it's little consolation but everytime we drive we should feel thankful we're not killed. Last year in Dallas I was driving about 65 at night and there was a car stopped in the middle of the highway. Luckily I wasn't looking at my phone or daydreaming. I cut the wheel left hard and hoped I wouldn't flip the car, missed the car somehow, kept the car going straight. We should all be dead and it can happen out of nowhere. Lots of crap can happen on 2 lane highways so I'd just be thankful you are safe. One crash and life changes in an instant.

Edited by greg775

• 4 weeks later...

Hey all, good to see this place has continued to be busy since ive been gone.  Been a long year, got hit by a drunk driver on my  bike that probably should have been the end of me, but the rehab has been long but productive and here I am checking in on you idiots.    Sox take the central next year and Ill be there to watch it.  Hope everyone is good.

Word of advice to anyone who gets seriously injured, take the rehab seriously with tunnel vision.  Just this morning I ran 3 miles sub 9 min on a leg that was shattered earlier this year.  Attack that shit

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, RockRaines said:

Hey all, good to see this place has continued to be busy since ive been gone.  Been a long year, got hit by a drunk driver on my  bike that probably should have been the end of me, but the rehab has been long but productive and here I am checking in on you idiots.    Sox take the central next year and Ill be there to watch it.  Hope everyone is good.

Word of advice to anyone who gets seriously injured, take the rehab seriously with tunnel vision.  Just this morning I ran 3 miles sub 9 min on a leg that was shattered earlier this year.  Attack that shit

Man Rock... glad to see you're ok and rehab is going well. You've always been strong willed so I'm not surprised you're destroying your rehab. 

13 hours ago, RockRaines said:

Jesus.  Glad to hear you are getting better and attacking your rehab with the right mindset.  You have been missed here...will be good to have you around heading into an exciting off-season.  Plus...college football is better with Rock around :)

• 3 weeks later...

My parents were "hacked" and paid a firm recommended by Yahoo to clean them up (after telling them to do a few things and wait until I got there a week later).  So far, almost $2k given to these scammers.  Unbelievable that even though their son works in IT Security that they still fall for these things and still don't listen.

• 4 weeks later...
  • knightni locked and unpinned this topic