Machado signs with Padres 10/300

yesterday333

If the Sox said in December that they didn't think either guy was worth 10/$300 I would have been mad but ok with it.

If Harper goes to the Phillies I am fine with it as the NL got much tougher by those guys going there and the cubs have a tougher road which if the Sox are going to suck my next enjoyment in baseball is watching the cubs lose.

Here is my issue...

THIS FRONT OFFICE THOUGHT THEY WERE IN IT AND TOLD US THEY WERE.......AT 10/$300 THEY SHOULD HAVE BEEN IN IT.  They treated us fans like were are idiots, they were clowned into thinking they could get each player at a bargain price.  Hahn and Williams suck at their job but here they are leading a rebuild.  They are Gar/Pax....

I wish they would have just droped out when they knew they could not spend 10/$300 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

2 minutes ago, Balta1701 said:

Didn't Kenny just say that they couldn't have matched $300m? So what does it matter if the White Sox put their offer on the table and it wasn't close to good enough? If those clowns had sat on a $250 million offer all offseason saying they wouldn't go higher, and you got a $300 million offer, why waste your time with those clowns who said they won't go to that number even to get a deal done? Deal with the professional who put a fair offer on the table, not the clowns who thought they had a sneaky way to make the player take a $50 million discount. 

If you're Machado's agent, I'd think you'd still go back to the Sox in that scenario to see if we were bluffing.  If he didn't, he must have been really, really confident the price was out of our league, which probably means our offer was nowhere close.  

I think it is right to dislike Kenny for various things he has done in the past, but as far as today, I'm basically seeing someone who looks legitimately blindsided. If he found out from a tweet while Hahn was being notified by the agent, then really what was KW even a part to, here? At all? Hahn runs things. Ownership sets financial limits.

1 minute ago, bighurt574 said:

If you're Machado's agent, I'd think you'd still go back to the Sox in that scenario to see if we were bluffing.  If he didn't, he must have been really, really confident the price was out of our league, which probably means our offer was nowhere close.  

Whatever the story was, we've seen the end results. They're surprised, thought they had a sneaky way to talk him into a discount, and they're repeating how $300 million was a price they just couldn't go to. So even if Lozano didn't call them, it didn't matter. They're just not a professionally run business or organization, and that's the entire story.

• Love 1

• Kalapse changed the title to Yeah, they actually screwed this up: Machado reportedly signs with Padres