**2019 Water-cooler Thread**

Brian

On 5/10/2019 at 8:57 AM, soxfan2014 said:

Isn't that the spinoff of that Z-Nation show? I've heard mixed reviews of it so far but as a fan of zombies, I'll probably check it out.

It’s supposed to be the prequel to Z-Nation.  It was okay but it had a serious tone to it.  I am liking Z-Nation much more due to the humor and Murphy is awesome.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 6/5/2019 at 1:11 AM, ChiliIrishHammock24 said:

New season of Black Mirror AND Handmaid's Tale released at midnight. Can't wait to watch both.

“Striking Vipers” was ok but tries being male “San Junipero” too much. Some bad dialogue.

Starting “Smithereens”

6 hours ago, Brian said:

“Striking Vipers” was ok but tries being male “San Junipero” too much. Some bad dialogue.

Starting “Smithereens”

I thought the Miley Cyrus one was pretty bad. Or at least, not Black Mirror style.

Smithereens was pretty decent. Probably forgettable in the grand scheme, but worth watching. Haven't seen Striking Vipers yet.

8 hours ago, Moan4Yoan said:

Those were the three worst Black Mirror episodes of all time.  Complete and utter trash.

Can't agree with that, but it was definitely the worst season, by a long shot. I thought Smithereens was pretty solid. I hated the Ashley O one. Striking Vipers was mostly bad, and frankly just weird.

15 hours ago, Moan4Yoan said:

Those were the three worst Black Mirror episodes of all time.  Complete and utter trash.

I thought "Striking Vipers" was fine. Agree the other two were not good though.

Striking Vipers, out of nowhere making out in a VR game.  The interactions were ridiculous and unbelievable throughout the entire episode.

Smithereens was decent but there wasn’t any payoff.

Ashley O was an entire commercial for Miley Cyrus.  The dumbest all time episode of Black Mirror.

Edited by Moan4Yoan

• 4 weeks later...
1 hour ago, GoSox05 said:

Stranger Things has gotten better every season.  Not sure how long they can keep that up.  I think they should do one last season and end it.  Go out ahead.

I'd agree with this. This season was great and the finale was top notch.

• 4 weeks later...
27 minutes ago, GoSox05 said:

About half way through The Boys and it's pretty awesome. 

Sort of has the same feel of something like Kick-Ass.

The season finale will leave you begging for S2. Great show

Anybody here watch Succession? S2 started yesterday and it picked up right where it left off from S1 which is a very good thing.

1 hour ago, Brian said:

I'm binging Veronica Mars on Hulu, and I love it. I'm almost done with s3 so should I watch the movie before starting the new season?

lol was just coming on here to say I started veronica mars out of no where and can't stop watching. I would have never guessed I'd start a show with this many episodes at this point of tv oversaturation, but I have really started to like the change of pace of both the serialization (to a point), along with its smart pop tv sensibilities.

5 minutes ago, TheTruth05 said:

The season finale will leave you begging for S2. Great show

Anybody here watch Succession? S2 started yesterday and it picked up right where it left off from S1 which is a very good thing.

I watched succession season 1, and I liked it but I didn't really feel like there needed to be any more to the story. It said what needed to be said.

40 minutes ago, bmags said:

lol was just coming on here to say I started veronica mars out of no where and can't stop watching. I would have never guessed I'd start a show with this many episodes at this point of tv oversaturation, but I have really started to like the change of pace of both the serialization (to a point), along with its smart pop tv sensibilities.

It's so good. This and Buffy were two shows I knew were on but had no real interest in watching. I binged Buffy a few summers ago in like 2 months and I'm breezing through Veronica Mars. 

Will probably watch the movie just in case after I'm done with s3

55 minutes ago, bmags said:

I watched succession season 1, and I liked it but I didn't really feel like there needed to be any more to the story. It said what needed to be said.

That's fair, the idea definitely has a limit before it gets stale.The reviews rolling in are saying it's equivalent if not slightly better than S1 so I'm pretty amped. 1st episode was great.

Edited by TheTruth05